Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
141 - 142 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there, quick question...I just got a 2002 Sport with the 7 speaker option. It seems like I remember reading in one of the zillion threads I've seen that this particular combination does NOT have the metal brace that has to be cut out of the front dash. Can anyone confirm? thx.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Hey there, quick question...I just got a 2002 Sport with the 7 speaker option. It seems like I remember reading in one of the zillion threads I've seen that this particular combination does NOT have the metal brace that has to be cut out of the front dash. Can anyone confirm? thx.
I thought it was 03+ that didn't have the bracket but I could be wrong. It's really not that big of a deal to remove it, you might even be able to do it with tin snips lol.

I did this install originally on my 97 over 4 years ago, and just in the last 4-5 months I swapped everything over to my 05 LJ and there wasn't a bracket.

These brackets are A1 and well worth the upgrade. Wish he had the tweeter mounts back then cause I'd get those too.

141 - 142 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.