Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
Must be a tight fit tho? Any benefit to actually putting the speaker covers over?

I left mine just the way the pictures show never used the speaker covers that came with it.
Yes, the speaker covers fit back on. My TJ, even with the MTX mounts that tilt the speaker up to vertical instead of contouring to the dash profile, has them on it and it doesn't look like anything's changed.

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
AK - did you use the same Polk Audio speakers as shown above?
Yup. With the MTX brackets it was a tight fit to the dash frame on the passenger side but I don't hear anything that sounds like it might have a problem with contact with the speaker surround. I didn't polyfil behind them, but I might do that as well as the sound bar sometime soon to see if it offers any more sound quality. I still have to order and install an amp to drive all the speakers (also have Polk shallow 6.5's in the sound bar. I suggest the standard 6.5's unless you run a subwoofer.) and install my Kenwood marine stereo, so I'll be running new speaker wires anyway. May as well get it all taken care of at once.

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
I just stuffed some polyfill behind my front speakers...didn't notice too much of a difference but it was an old pillow that was going in the trash anyway. :p And I'm sure driving it on the highway will make it more noticeable. I have another pillow waiting to be used to fill the soundbar as well.

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
6.25" speakers in the soundbar can vary because different 6.25" speakers vary slightly in size and throw stuff off and make it harder to mount. But either way you will need to make the soundbar hole a bit bigger for the speaker to fit in any case.
Polk's matching 6.5" speakers go into the soundbar without any mods to the bar itself. :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.