Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I picked up this JK and am a bit excited on the endless possibillities on this vehicle. I have very rarely worked with one of these JK's but did have the opportunity to watch the Peterson's offroad adventure JK spring to life with it's modified deisel and Twisted Customs fab work springing the attention of any on looker - this gave me some Ideas!!

Normally I have been caught building YJs and TJs for myself and friends but this JK is a different dialect for me, I will need advice. Lets start with the basic vehicle I have obtained.

2008 JK Sahara Unlimited = Total Burn.
This vehicle was destroyed with the exception of the mid running gear and axles. Interior is 100% shot, sheet metal is 50% shot, inner structure and frame are 50% paintlessly happy. Normally I start with a tub and fram so this is nothing new. Cleaning and Sandblasting will shortly come after getting some tires on this rig. My issues are gonna be running gear, suspension, and stability.

My plan is to start with the bare essentials of this vehicle - tub and frame. Clean them up and prep them for paint since this vehicle will not be able to sit in the shop for the duration of the build. Next I would like to do the running gear, this may be backwards to some of you folk, but making this JK run is the harder part for me. Followed by suspension and interior - this is where I will more than likely need the help of some of you pollished pro's out there.

Pictures!

I have a 5.3 genIII. TH350, 231C setup I will likely use (possibly a newer hemi just depends on my finacial situation). Installing this stuff looks fairly simple and have some expereince with this drivetrain.

·
Premium Member
10,096 Posts
pulling up a seat :wave:

what's the back story? owner-set insurance burn?

Hoss

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow looking foreward to your build.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got most of it cleaned up, found nearly 100$ in burnt cash and change.

Pretty much everything from the bottom of the floor up is toast! Doesnt seem to be any real structural damage at all.

·
Registered
11,526 Posts
man that mygig still seems to be intact :rofl: looks like you got some subaru gold wheels there too..gonna be a good project

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.