Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price $600
Pros tight to body to not lose approach and departure angles, 1/8 plate re-enforced in the front for weight. 1/4 for beef and add weight to rear, rear built to match stock look of original bumper.
Cons not easy getting the light sockets to blend in.
Recommended yes

Comments: I can build to order. 225-721-0378

·
Registered
757 Posts
Price $200
Pros Well made and serve as OBA reserve tanks
Cons rear bumper latch design not completed
Recommended yes

Comments: Built these bumpers from materials in the Spring of 2004. They are well crafted and have held up to years of trail use without issue. Both bumpers are tanks for the on board air setup I have, the design has worked well for nearly a decade now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price $20
Pros Tough, looks great, custom for cj frame and dinosaur Ramsey, D-rings, lights
Cons Only fits dinosaur Ramsey, new winch =new bumper
Recommended yes

Comments: Was an easy bumper to make for my first one. Paint was cheap and is easy to touch up. Should have built to fit more than one winch.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Price $0.01
Pros Tough. Custom
Cons Have not mounted a winhc plate or D rings, Yet.
Recommended yes

Comments: It is great to build your own bumper if you have the ability too, more custom, better fit for what you need it, and you can always add to it (or cut more off if need be).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Price $0.01
Pros priceless, doing it yourself with kids.learning,trade and skills. handing down passion of fixing/ building it yourself.
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: :cheers2:21/2 in 1/4 wall tubing , from scrap bin at work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Price $1
Pros D-bolt brackets, hitch mounts front and rear, take a tree pretty well
Cons Sometimes get smaller trees caught between bumper and fenders
Recommended yes

Comments: Homemade,, I bought it with the bumper on it

·
-N7PBJ
1,375 Posts
Price $3.5
Pros Flush receiver, full front uni-frame tie-ins, 3/4" shackle tabs, pure beef.
Cons 197 lbs (before paint)
Recommended yes

Comments: As the designer/fabricator of this bumper I may be biased, but I'm still happy with the design & function.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.