Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Price $201
Pros The metal was free
Cons It's homemade and still needs some cosmetic work at the ends.
Recommended yes

Comments: Because of a front end wreck, I had to find a way to re-build my front end. The unibody was damadged but it was cut back to where it was still straight. Had a piece of C channel (2x6") and it was sitting around collecting dust. Bought a gas bottle for my froend's welder and viola - the scrap metal is now part of the jeep. I also installed weld in D-Rings while I was at it. total paid: $175 for the Argon mix gas bottle, $16 for Ebay D Rings and $10 for two cans of Black Rustoleum.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Price $200
Pros I made it how I want and it was much cheaper then buying one
Cons the paint isn't holding up as well as i wanted, will have to repaint
Recommended yes

Comments: :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Price $100
Pros Made it myself, it's built like a rock and I'm proud of it.
Cons Wish I hadn't spent so much building it!
Recommended yes

Comments: Still need to finish the ends with some corner guards and welding in a mount for a swing-out carrier... otherwise, I like it. Hell, I made it... I hope I like it! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Price $5
Pros Realy strong and it will not dent when i hit somme three in my way hahah
Cons ?
Recommended yes

Comments: I take a piece of chanel cut it 90 and 45 degre cap the end and instal some beef log to put shackel

·
Registered
23 Posts
Price $1
Pros Hey, it's better than no bumper
Cons sacraficed a little approach angle from not having a bumper.
Recommended yes

Comments: I finally have some decent tow points, rather than the factory ones. I dropped the winch deck 4" from the bottom of the grille which gives a lot more air flow to the radiator. i would recomend doing the same if your making your own bumper.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Price $50
Pros makes entry angles better. nice place to put a real winch when I get one.
Cons none so far
Recommended yes

Comments: makes for great recovery item and front protection.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Price $1
Pros its a 10 inch I beam/deer killer. nobody cuts me off.
Cons a ***** to install by yourself
Recommended yes

Comments: I'm going to weld a 2 inch receiver to it so I can mount a winch front or rear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Price $200
Pros strong durable and easy replacement of parts
Cons not easy instalation
Recommended yes

Comments: i built a 2 in steel tube bumper by running 2 steel pipes caps and elbows its a budget bumper but the piping is expensive but yet cheaper than buying the right materials and way stronger i already pushed 3 people out of mud with it

·
Registered
83 Posts
Price $1
Pros Pride in a job well done and saving money for more good beer
Cons None that I know of
Recommended yes

Comments: Made from 2X4X1/4 tubing,,it's practucally bomb-proof. No dents and only scratched pain in over 8 years of hard use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Price $250
Pros definitely stronger than stock, and homemade tire carrier
Cons HEAVY
Recommended yes

Comments: made mine out of 3/16 2x4 rectangular tube steel they work great look good and are extremely heavy made the tire carrier out of 1 1/2 16 ga square tube and part of an old bronco II tire carrier

·
Registered
59 Posts
Price $100
Pros Built from scratch with my own 2 hands
Cons see pros
Recommended yes

Comments: Great learning experience...first bumper i've built that wrapped around corners.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Price $500
Pros great style
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: my friend greg in our jeep club built this bumper. its crazy strong and was just what i asked for

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.