Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I think I've those somepace before ,Good job.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Wow Adam those turned out really nice !!!

Nice work !!! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To answer a few questions thus far.

I have CNC bender at the shop I use to do race cages with, so I tell the PC what to do, and it does it for me.

As far as mounting goes, there are 5 bolts along the pinch seam, and than they mount to the frame rail via another 4 bolts.

I made the pinch seam connection (for lack of better explination) out of "L" channel and also than reinforced that peice with another larger "L" channel peices along it to make it really beafy of a mount for the pinch seam. The 2 bars that go to the frame rail are tied directly into the main slider, and as well into the pinch seam mount. They are built bomb proof.

I'll try to get some more pics soon, as the last few days have been really busy and by the time I get home it's been dark out.

I have enough metal for a 2nd set with a jig already made up now, just a FYI if anyone is interested. ;)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Does anybody have any detailed designs for something like this. If you give me a halfway decent sketch and measurements, Ill draw it up on CAD.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am interested if the price is right! I was going to make my own out of square tubing but I can only get it in 24ft lengths. Since I really have no place to put a piece that large and dont want the extra hanging around I have been holding off on the project. Shoot me a price.

·
Real Jeeps have dents
29,596 Posts
These are my homebrewed. I am going to modify them them to tie into the leaf spring mount. When my Cherokee grows up I will add some bent tube like Adam's.

·
Banned
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright a few more pics. Not the best but I've been rushed really bad the past few days to get some good poser pics with them. Maybe this week at Haspin I can get some good shots of them in action! :thumbsup:

I used a Plasti-Coat etching primer followed by 4 coats of Rustoliem textured semi-flat paint. It gives it a "rubicon" finish, and matches my bedlined rockers really nice.

Few shots of the pass side finally mounted.

And a pic of how they mount. (yes I am still missing a center bolt, I dropped it and lost it....)

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.