·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $270
Pros High Output, good mileage for a carb, clean and easy to work with
Cons Floats got stuck open when I first ran her, not FI
Recommended yes

Comments: 670cfm - The application I am using with for is a 89 YJ with a AMC 360 inside. Mainly my daily driver but also used to have a little fun now and then. Seems to run smooth, good on cold starts, doesn't seem to east as much fuel as other Truck Carbs. I have a "Jeep" billet air element with a 13in. K&N Oil Air Filter on it (E-3698 if you were wondering)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Price $480
Pros better throotle response,better accelerations
Cons worse MPG,need adjustment or tuning to work it right
Recommended yes

Comments: never float again when on the hi inclined and lean off road obstacle,better throotle response,better accelerations,but worse on MPG,needs to tuning for work it right n good MPG......especially on main jet,it's to big.....for AMC 258 cid I6.....even on engine w/ moderate modification,such as camshaft,4.0L head,and MSD ignations.....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Price $200
Pros easy to tune and parts are easily obtained locally, makes me smile when i push the skinny pedal
Cons none that i can think of
Recommended yes

Comments: excellent fit and finish, bought mine used so it needed a rebuild but again a joy to work with, runs 10 times better than stock

·
Registered
89 Posts
Price $375
Pros Automatic choke works well
Cons 650 double pumper.. actually dumps a little too much fuel to the 304, had to re-do jets
Recommended yes

Comments: As the list is limited..
What I have is actually a 650 double pumper.
Sit's on a AMC 4barrel intake. Had to redo jets to prevent rich running & flooding problems

·
Registered
28 Posts
Price $350
Pros Lives up to what holley says. Resists bogging well.
Cons I had a hard time dialing it in. Always wants to run rich. Probably a bit to big of a carb, even for a stroker?
Recommended yes

Comments: Good Carb but a lot of tuning comes with it as you may know. Hasn't bogged on me and good throttle response. No real complaints once I got it tuned properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price $1
Pros Awesome carb off-camber... was going to TBI my engine, but now i am not wasting my time and money 670T/A is the ****!!!!
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: It works awesome... never floods no matter how long it stays nose up or nose down... sideways... awesome throttle response... fuel mileage is comparable for any 350 SBC...

·
Recovering Bronco Rider
3,211 Posts
Price $150
Pros Poor mans EFI.
Cons None yet
Recommended yes

Comments: Buy the re-manned unit, or wait for a sale. MSRP of $450+...puleaze! Got my 770 for $150 on ebay. Called and the guy & he hated it. My bud is a old dirt tracker. The jets were Huge, like it was set-up for alcohol! Since I've only had dyno time on it, and it made over 400hp I'm happy so far. Seems easy enough to tune/jet which I'm sure I'll have to do for street/trails.
(It even has the vacum port for the tailgate switch;) )

·
Registered
71 Posts
Price $400
Pros just awesom
Cons not for a stock engine
Recommended yes

Comments: good product very pleased with it
great up steep incline
good downhill
great on angles

·
Registered
17 Posts
Price $399
Pros Can run steep hills without flooding/sputtering out.
Cons Hurt mpg... lol. (like it was great before)
Recommended yes

Comments: Poor man's EFI. It is amazing how well this carb does at extreme angles. It is night and day from my old edelbrock. So far it hasn't been the reason I back down from a hill. I wish Holley offered a 570 cfm model. The 670 was a little much for my 355 sbc but after rejetting and tuning it works well. I would highly recommend this carb.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Price $300
Pros Great for climbs
Cons Gas killer
Recommended yes

Comments: Love the way it has my truck running. Eats inclines without any problems and hauls *** on the Eway.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Price $250
Pros Awesome!!!! Easy to tune. Runs like a top.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought this used. It took a little tweeking but I got it back to stock specs and tuned from there. It sits on top of an AMC 360 and this carb made a huge difference in performance over the Edelbrock that was on her when I bought her. Not to knock Edelbrock because it was in pretty bad shape.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Price $375
Pros Great carb. Starts right up. Not stalling on inclines.
Cons Price - but get what you pay for. Had a edelbrock 650 on it before- always had a float issue from the start out of the box. Was great on the road, get off road was a awful carb.
Recommended yes

Comments: Current set up is Holley 650 with edelbrock 2130 intake manafold.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.