Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
341 - 349 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
'06 LJR on Tons 43's and CO's
58 Posts
I've been following your build since you started it in the other thread and it's been 1) encouraging, it pushes me to go ahead and try my build... you're the proof its very possible... and 2) with the part #'s and details on the progress of your build it's definitely so easy to follow you. I feel like when I was a little kid and my old man had me by his hand encouraging me to try the unknown every time cuz he was there for me.

So Mr. Tox... this is an awesome legacy for the motorsports community. Nothing less expected from an Xennial!

I'm so determined to start an LS3 swap into my Orange LJ, I alredy picked up a wrecked running 2011 Escalade with a 6.2/6L80 tranny.

My plan is to replicate your build configuration. So I'm going to get all the part #'s that apply to my build (I guess 100% of them).

My questions for you are:

1) So far is there anything you would have done different as far as parts or system configuration so far?

2) I'm thinking of going with a 6L90e instead of the 6L80e this Escalade has. What's your opinion on the 6L90e? Why you didn't upgrade that 6L80?

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
I've been following your build since you started it in the other thread and it's been 1) encouraging, it pushes me to go ahead and try my build... you're the proof its very possible... and 2) with the part #'s and details on the progress of your build it's definitely so easy to follow you. I feel like when I was a little kid and my old man had me by his hand encouraging me to try the unknown every time cuz he was there for me.
I'm so glad!

So Mr. Tox... this is an awesome legacy for the motorsports community. Nothing less expected from an Xennial!
You're a little off on my age. ;)

1) So far is there anything you would have done different as far as parts or system configuration so far?
I for sure wouldn't go the flat belly skid route again. Don't get me wrong, it's going to be awesome and was a fun challenge, but it's made a lot of things a pain to fit in later.

If you're planning on putting in coilovers, I'd consider Fox's new Performance Elite series. My factory coilover bodies are a little rusty after only 5000 miles and sitting in a climate controlled garage, so the new aluminum parts would be a welcome upgrade.

The valley cover hoist plate I purchased from Motion Raceworks has been by far my favorite way of moving the engine around. Unless you need to turn the engine upside down, or do a lot of work to the engine internals, I wouldn't buy an engine stand again.

Obviously I haven't fired the LS engine up yet, but other than the changes I've listed so far (such as the accessory drive -- twice), I wouldn't change anything else.

2) I'm thinking of going with a 6L90e instead of the 6L80e this Escalade has. What's your opinion on the 6L90e? Why you didn't upgrade that 6L80?
If I remember correctly the 6L90e is slightly bigger and I knew I was already going to be facing issues with packaging. The 6L80 is a race proven design so I wasn't concerned about strength.

·
I miss the snow...
5,638 Posts
Awesome. Those aluminum CO would definitely be a sweet upgrade. I'm already on King CO's and double triangulated 4 link front and rear. This is my beast so far. Everybody at work thinks its "completed". I can only keep silent.
Damn sweet rig.

·
Registered
'06 LJR on Tons 43's and CO's
58 Posts
Three more Questions for you Toximus:

1) What PWM part # did you get for that 16 Spal fan?
2) Why did you ditched that Alternator/CBR pump combo bracket from GB?
3) That Camaro WP is the same spacing as the Truck LS3, right? If so I will need that one since I'm gonna have to move my AC compressor AND my York compressor on the upper-Passenger side since I'm running dual upper triangulated arms and the AC compressor on the bottom will definitely be on the way.

I started to order parts and waiting for Advance Adapters/Trail Worthy Fab to convince me which Transfer Case to go with.

341 - 349 of 349 Posts