Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I just installled a Pacesetter TFX Exhaust (1997-1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 4 and 6 cylinder).

It is a quality muffler and the install went fine.

I love the feel of the high-through put muffler but really need a quieter muffler.

Is it possible to buy a high-through put muffler that is quiet? This was supposed to be a relatively quiet muffler.

Any suggestions?

Anybody want to buy a muffler used for 1 day ;]

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have had this on my LJ for a couple of years and compaired to others it is relatively quiet. I would think any aftermarket performance muffler is going to be louder then stock.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi - I have the Borla cat-back and I'd say it's pretty quiet for a straight-flow muffler and pipe. It's pricey though and I haven't used the muffler with the stock tailpipe, but I like the cat-back.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Unless you hate listening to your wife or girlfriend, I wouldn't recommend the Banks Monster Exhaust either. It's not so bad at highway speeds, but stepping hard in first gear sounds like a leaf blower.

A friend of mine has a Magnaflow that isn't so bad. Louder than stock, of course, but has a lower tone that is more pleasant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.