Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am Adam located in SE Michigan, Bloomfield hills Area. Just brought my first jeep home a week ago, Its a white 2017 Grand Cherokee Loredo. I am in love with it. Looking forward to meeting up with other local members around the area soon.

I ordered a front Tow Hooks kit which will be arriving soon, I was wondering if there is anyone around SE Michigan area who has done this before or has the tools and space to help me with this install. I'd really appreciate it.

I dont have the tools or the garage otherwise i could have attempted to install it myself.

I'd appreciate any help !
cheers!

Registered
Welcome to the forum! I am from Pinckney and work in Novi, so not too far from you.

I have a 2011 WK2 Limited and have been planning to add tow hooks as well, but I haven't had the extra budget yet. I recently had to drop $1,300 to replace the radiator and trans cooler because of an off-roading mishap at Bundy Hill Off-Road Park. Whoops.

Anyway, I have removed my lower front fascia many times to go off-roading and it's really easy. It's scary the first time, but you'll feel better about it once you see how it works.

You should look up the the Southeast Michigan Chapter of Wicked Jeeps on Facebook. It is a fantastic group of people that are very welcoming to folks with non-Wranglers. There is a Jeep meet-up just about every night of the week and the people are very helpful with repairs and mods. In just about any case, someone will help you as long as you provide pizza and beer. 馃榾

There is a huge meet and greet at the Old Detroit Burger Bar in Troy today. Otherwise, some of the weekly meet ups are in Livonia on Mondays and Belleville on Thursdays. There are also weekly meetups in Troy and Monroe, but I can remember which days. We also have an unofficial meetup every Tuesday in Howell.

Anyway, with that said, if you don't mind coming to Pinckney, I could help you put your tow hooks on. I have a garage and tools. We just put a lift on my son's 2002 Grand Cherokee last weekend.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! I am from Pinckney and work in Novi, so not too far from you.

I have a 2011 WK2 Limited and have been planning to add tow hooks as well, but I haven't had the extra budget yet. I recently had to drop $1,300 to replace the radiator and trans cooler because of an off-roading mishap at Bundy Hill Off-Road Park. Whoops.

Anyway, I have removed my lower front fascia many times to go off-roading and it's really easy. It's scary the first time, but you'll feel better about it once you see how it works.

You should look up the the Southeast Michigan Chapter of Wicked Jeeps on Facebook. It is a fantastic group of people that are very welcoming to folks with non-Wranglers. There is a Jeep meet-up just about every night of the week and the people are very helpful with repairs and mods. In just about any case, someone will help you as long as you provide pizza and beer. 馃榾

There is a huge meet and greet at the Old Detroit Burger Bar in Troy today. Otherwise, some of the weekly meet ups are in Livonia on Mondays and Belleville on Thursdays. There are also weekly meetups in Troy and Monroe, but I can remember which days. We also have an unofficial meetup every Tuesday in Howell.

Anyway, with that said, if you don't mind coming to Pinckney, I could help you put your tow hooks on. I have a garage and tools. We just put a lift on my son's 2002 Grand Cherokee last weekend.
thanks a lot for all the info i'll definitely be joining that group on facebook, my car isnt fancy or anything but i like going to these car meets and just hangout and chill with other members. Hey thank you for offering help with the install too man :) you are too kind. Pinckney is about an hour from where i am located so its not bad at all, i should have my kit delivered sometime next week. you can let me know whichever weekend works for you, i'll come by. I really appreciate it.

Registered
I'm in Sterling Hts, always willing to help another Jeeper out.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.