Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

HELP - Which transmission cooler line hooks up to which radiator connection??

907 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jeepinpgh 
#1 ·
2003 WJ Overland 4.7 HO with hydraulic fan

I am working through a radiator replacement, it has been a giant PITA. Including I just kinked one of the transmission cooler lines that connects to the radiator, so now I am going to have to build a new one because the part is discontinued and impossible to find.

But the problem I am asking for help here, I disconnected both of the lines that run from the transmission to the two hard lines that connect in to the radiator in order to remove it, one up at the top (which I think is the return line) and one at the bottom. I even marked them with a piece of tape, but in the process of doing the replacement the tape got soaked with oil and fell off.

Can somebody take a picture, or give me real clear direction on which of the two tubes from the radiator connects to which of the two tubes coming from the transmission? Pictures would be great. This job has been horrible, and I really don't want to have to do this twice.

Thanks people! I know somebody will come through, this forum has helped me out so many times in the past

I appreciate yinz,

Tim

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
This diagram doesn't exactly match my setup. My transmission cooler is integral to the radiator, there is no 'Aux Cooler'. I think the two part numbers on mine are 52079862AA for the upper (return) line and 52079861AA for the lower line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.