Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help, which port on catch can to use for PCV vacuum hose T on AMC 304. See photo.

247 4
Trying to undo and fix a few weird things the previou(s) owners did to the 304 in my CJ. There's a T connector on the vacuum hose that goes from the PCV valve to the back of the carburetor. I'm pretty sure that T connection goes to a port on the catch can. I'm just not sure which port on the catch can to hook it up to. I've included a picture of the catch can and hope someone can enlighten me on to where to hook up the vacuum line. The available ports are labeled CARB BOWL (the cut hose in photo), the other is labeled PCV valve (plugged port in photo). Can any of you guys with a 304 help me out? Thanks!
Automotive tire Wood Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Boss man,

No info for your rig shows up in your profile or here, for that matter!

So, not trying to sluff you off, but to get you started on DIY with the best source available!

See my signature (below) and find your service manual!!!!

Look in the index for "Vacuum diagrams"---You are now on your way to fixing lots of stuff!

----JEEPFELLER

·
Registered
1985 CJ7, 304 V8, AT
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boss man,

No info for your rig shows up in your profile or here, for that matter!

So, not trying to sluff you off, but to get you started on DIY with the best source available!

See my signature (below) and find your service manual!!!!

Look in the index for "Vacuum diagrams"---You are now on your way to fixing lots of stuff!

----JEEPFELLER
My CJ is kind of a Frankenstein and this one is relatively new to my stable. It's a 1985 that originally was a V6. Somewhere along the way an AMC 304 was installed... year of engine has yet to be determined as well as transfercase, axles and gearing. I just updated my profile and will revisit it in the future as I learn more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts