Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving my 99 XJ the other day I went over a speed bump at a reasonable speed probably 4-5 mph. As soon as I did, I heard a pop and my driver seat took a very scary dip in the front. The place where it was bolted on in the front had snapped because of excessive rust. I knew my Jeep was a little rusty but had no idea until I removed the carpet how dangerously rusty it is. Since I am currently living in my Jeep due to hard times having hit, I would like it to be as safe as possible. Can someone please recommend, considering my financial situation, what I should do to make it safe enough to drive. On top of not being safe, it radiates an enormous amount of heat from that area. Almost to the point of it being uncomfortably hot on my legs while driving or sitting parked with car on..pictures included of what I’m talking about. Passenger side is the same condition as well as some random spot throughout the floor. The craziest thing is that this Jeep has never been out of Florida. WHERE DI ALL THIS RUST COME FROM???
Brown Wood Gas Tints and shades Building material

·
Real Jeeps have dents
29,701 Posts
The rust is likely from being driven on the beach. Installing replacement floor pans might make it usable, but not especially safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts