Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here, I just joined because we were gifted this 2001 Sahara Edition TJ and we need some help figuring out the soft top as we've not had a Wrangler in 16 years.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Plant
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Plant

This was my FIL's Jeep, he has lost the OEM windows and door surrounds. We have the hard top but we want to use a soft top, with the full doors is fine. The number of soft top options is a bit overwhelming, so I was hoping someone could have some recommendations on how to get the soft top complete, at the most reasonable price. Getting a whole new top would be fine too if that makes more sense.

So what I have is pictured, I have the soft top and the rear window bar.

What I think I am missing is
  • rear side windows
  • rear window
  • door surrounds

What would be the cheapest way to get to a complete top? In all cases I would need the door surrounds, correct? Are aftermarket door surrounds ok? Are there tops out there that will work with the full doors, but without the surrounds?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,887 Posts
If the top is good, and you can ID the top manufacturer, you may be able to buy a set of windows to fit that top. Door surrounds are available new from Bestop and you'd probably find them used/new on ebay too.
If the frame is OEM and in good condition, you could just get a replace-a-top which is the fabric top, with side and rear windows. Bestop is OEM, but there will be other suggestions including frameless tops.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
2 things, first…great looking Jeep! With a polish, that thing will shine!

second, I’ll see if I have any parts left from my TJ (I had spares of most things). No promises but if I find anything, it’s yours for free. Just pay shipping. There’s hardly any TJs left locally so they don’t have much value here.

·
Disturbed Jeepaholic
41,899 Posts
Reactions: YellyYeti

·
Disturbed Jeepaholic
41,899 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts