Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
They didn't have enough service workers in the service today, but they managed to look at it for a while and do diagnostics,
and it will probably be a relay + a software update is needed. I will focus on the car tomorrow so I wonder what the result will be.

when I know more information from the service I will write here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just a heads up on what happened with my 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit. It was doing the tell tale clicking noise coming from under the chassis. Primarily when it was first started and driving slow, then eventually gave up. The problem was the control module for the transfer case, an easy replacement under the drivers seat, as I recall. Something about it was preventing the transfer case to fully actuate a solenoid and properly switch to 4WD. The car had about the same number of miles where these seem to fail.

I originally brought it to the dealer, who first said I needed a new transmission and transfer case at 70K miles. Since this was just out of the warranty (by 6 months) it wouldn't be covered. After spending a month going back and forth with them and Chrysler about how a car with 70K miles could need a new transmission and trying to get it covered under warranty, Chrysler warranty division told me I didn't buy enough vehicles from them and to go pound sand. So, with no other choice, I moved forward with the transmission. At that time, they came back and said the transmission just needed a firmware update, but the transfer case needed to be replaced. After they replaced that, they realized the control module also needed to be replaced...they swore the transfer case was still an issue because the gears were damaged, but the control module is what fixed the problem.

After all that, they then came back and said a cylinder head needed to be replaced, because it was showing a misfire on the cylinder that is known to have the exhaust seat fail. After some troubleshooting, they determined that this was the cause. I told them to leave it (since at this point they had the vehicle for nearly 3 months and I was calling the service and general managers on a near daily basis), sold the car, and swore I'd never buy another Chrysler branded products again...they released a junk product, know it, and refuse to stand behind it. Worst part was, everyone warned me not to buy the car to begin with since they have a reputation for being garbage...I was warned.
did the cylinder head manifest itself? what engine do you have in WK2?

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.