Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is not normal and my 2013 Grand Cherokee Overland with the HEMI just started doing this at 47K miles. It is driving me crazy! The noise is from under the chassis behind the engine. It does the rapid clicking for a few seconds then stops. It does it in park at startup, in drive, neutral and reverse but only for maybe 5-10 seconds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There should be a recall but you know how that goes. Does your Jeep continue to click while driving it? Mine did. Dealership tried telling me the clicking was normal until I asked "even when driving it?" Then they admitted something was wrong. When they checked it they told me there should have been warning lights coming on but there wasn't. I was told when the clicking continues while driving, the transmission is incapable of going into 4X4. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The dealership had to rebuild the tranny. They said there should have been a warning light activation but there was none. No longer own the vehicle, I purchased a 2020 G.C. Overland. This is our 3rd one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.