Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2001 jeep cherokee that is having some issues. Is there anyone around the area who specializes in this jeep that could help me figure out what’s up? Or be willing to work on it?

I heard a loud mechanical noise from under while driving on the highway. Almost like something broke. The vehicle immediately started running rough. Check engine light was blinking. Each time I pushed on the gas it made a loud shaking noise from the passenger side.
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Rectangle
Communication Device Telephony Gadget Portable communications device Finger

Plant Communication Device Gadget Font Display device

·
Registered
816 Posts
Without opening the hood, or crawling underneath, you need at least the following;
- new exhaust from the engine back.
- exhaust manifold.
- down pipe.
- cataltic converters.
- muffler.
- tail pipe.
- oxygen sensors.
- exhaust hangers.

Coil pack. New spark plugs. New fuel injectors.

If all that doesn't fix it, you'll have to remove the cylinder head / take the engine out & start tearing down the engine.

Long story short, open the hood, look around for what might be out of place. Compare with what you see, to pictures on the internet with your XJ. Crawl underneath and look for something hanging down / dragging under the car.

The XJ is 20 plus years old. Any auto repair shop around your area should be able to fix it.

·
Real Jeeps have dents
29,302 Posts
A logical assumption is an exhaust problem and/or perhaps engine mount and transmission mount issues. A less logical assumption is a long laundry list of new parts being required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts