Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m doing an HEI install and removing all the unnecessary wiring at the same time. I’ve gotten just about everything removed and rerouted. One thing I can’t determine if it’s needed or not is the connector below. Has a green and orange wire going into and a blue vacuum line going out. The sol vac system is gone entirely, I do not have AC but I do have the factory 4wd vacuum setup to my knowledge. What does this go to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
I honestly have no idea what that goes to, it doesn't even look familiar to me. The HEI replaces the stock ignition, and I'll assume you're no longer using the stock computer controlled carb so realistically all of that can go. I fed mine with 12v to a relay and triggered that from the switched 12v for the ignition. There's a good "Nutter Bypass" write up in the FAQs, you won't be modifying the ignition portion but it's a good guide to what all you can get rid of.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I'm reasonably sure that the blue vacuum hose goes to the 4WD CAD system. I do not think that electrical connector stuck on it is correct. I'm thinking someone has tried to bypass the vacuum switch in the transfer case.

Reactions: timatoe

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
I can't get to mine to look right now, but I think I have a thin blue vacuum hose like that going to the switch that turns on the 4WD indicator on the dash. I think. Been so long since I had to straighten out/fix up some of the CAD vacuum lines.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I did some checking, and the blue hard plastic vacuum tube should not connect to anything. Just leave it hanging with that check valve on the end. It is a vent for the CAD shift system.

Someone has definitely just shoved it in that electrical connector, so pull it out. That electrical connector I believe is for the A/C pressure switch, and since most of us don't have A/C, most of us have that connector hanging loose.

Reactions: timatoe
1 - 6 of 6 Posts