Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hard top window glass

254 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  KermitYJ
I have picked up a hard top for my YJ, the person I got it from said it was a mid 80s CJ top. I need the drivers side quarter glass but I am unsure if it’s the type that you rope the seal in with or glue in. The passengers side looks like it’s glued in but want to be sure before I purchase the wrong glass can someone please help.
these are pictures of the passengers side
Sky Atmospheric phenomenon Font Paint Tints and shades

Automotive lighting Hood Road surface Rectangle Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle door Automotive exterior
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
11,904 Posts
I’d say you have the urethane mounted glass
CJ or not can’t say from pics, but other than the hatch latch design, I think CJ7 is the same design. If you look up the thread and have the time, @jscherb had a dissertation on hardtops including fiberglass versus lexan composition.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts