1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Too busy yesterday so this is a "belated" Happy Thanksgiving!

Obviously this was yesterday but my wife and I had fun! We made 2 turkeys, stuffing, Yukon mashed potatoes, wild rice with sausage and mushrooms, yams with candied pecans and brown sugar crumble topping, broccoli balls, brussel sprouts, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, Hawaiian rolls and cranberry sauce.

My mother in law brought apple pie and my cousin bought another apple pie, buttermilk pie (absolutely delicious) and jello.

I started making gravy from the drippings but it got away from me but wasn't burned so it got mixed with dog food and she was blessed with it. This is a dog who'll sneak over to the neighbors compost pile and enjoy the buffet. She seeks out cat turds. Imagine my surprise when I put her bowl down and she wouldn't even wag her tail. She didn't even get her nose close to it before walking away. Apparently old cat **** and rotting food is more appealing than my got away from me gravy. I used a couple of packages of gravy with the last of the drippings to whip up a sure fire gravy. That package gravy and the Hawaiian rolls were the only items not from scratch.

We also made 2 additional turkeys the day before that we gave away. So we made just shy of 80 pounds of turkey.

I stared at the Jeep through the kitchen window hoping that I'd get enough time to mess with it but I'm thankful that I didn't at the same time.

The only bummer on the day was that both of my Aunt's, our neighbor and my dad were all too sick to come.
[/url

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Yes belated here too, and hope everyone had a wonderful day, with all back home safe and sound :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts