Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Once you go Jeep....
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has info on this. I'm on Jeep building my 392, and when I add the half doors, it forces me to remove the soft top. Any idea why? It says dual door group, which I assumed was full and half doors. But why can't I get a soft top? Do you actually get 8 doors? Was hoping to run half doors with soft top in summer and full doors with hard top in winter. Maybe I'm missing something? But I had half doors with a soft top on my JK and it was fine.

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has info on this. I'm on Jeep building my 392, and when I add the half doors, it forces me to remove the soft top. Any idea why? It says dual door group, which I assumed was full and half doors. But why can't I get a soft top? Do you actually get 8 doors? Was hoping to run half doors with soft top in summer and full doors with hard top in winter. Maybe I'm missing something? But I had half doors with a soft top on my JK and it was fine.
They have the configurator on jeep dot com now? COOL. I did it over the phone....

Yes half doors will delete the soft top only option - I think your choice is dual top or sky roof. thats why I went with the sky (and it can open with a compatible cargo rack for later mods) Ill see what I can find out... EDIT: NOPE. Premium upper half doors are not compatible with soft top... it does not appear that BASE DUAL DOORS are available in the 392 configurator - and on the 3.6Rubi even base dual door deletes soft top...

And yes you will get eight doors. Premiums are hard surround and match body color - the non prem are canvas matching the soft top... so check to make sure its not just premium dual door that is deleting soft top only choice. The hard frame doors are roll window though, but the build lists are showing one touch down electric so my guess is full electric will work (they just went with rolls as they ship inside the jeep and rolls are 40lb lighter - no hernia getting them out LOL) if you can score some takeoffs...

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
The reason is only premium uppers are available on the 392.

If you look at regular models, the premium uppers go with the sky top and the hard top.

The base uppers go with the soft top but nit the premium soft top.

For as much as they are charging, which is approximately 9 times what YJ’s sold for, you should be able to select whatever you want and as individual options instead of the forced bundling of packages.

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
The reason is only premium uppers are available on the 392.

If you look at regular models, the premium uppers go with the sky top and the hard top.

The base uppers go with the soft top but nit the premium soft top.

For as much as they are charging, which is approximately 9 times what YJ's sold for, you should be able to select whatever you want and as individual options instead of the forced bundling of packages.
True for now (and became apparent once we could start playing with the build your own) - but by summer the 392 will be available with soft. Right now its dual (standard) or sky optional. I get what they are doing - the line has to be able to make fully optioned units FIRST then set to run with lessor optioned as "deletes". I doubt there would have been any sales of the fully loaded "launch" without forcing the issue - as most buyers would have been very minimal in option choices. SUX for what i'm paying (mine finally got a sticker of 83755, dealer is not marking up - but isn't coming down 2k like he would most other non 392 units either) but is what it is. I'm paying for my own impatience so to speak. Could have waited til summer and got a lesser optioned unit at 8-16k less.

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
And what you get with dual premium is:
Full doors with power glass.
half doors with plastic "roll up" windows and canvas uppers in a frame.

As delivered (full doors installed) has the interior FULL of boxes. Only enough room for driver - so plan accordingly on pickup. My wife and I both had to be present to sign so we had my son follow with the pickup truck.

Haven't fit mine yet - assembled and ready but with storms every other day in the forecast I'll wait a bit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.