Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to get new tires on my 2002 limited. Currently running the oem wrangler sr-a. But those are no longer made in 235,65r17. Looking at the fortitude ht instead. Anyone have any experience with them or suggestions for all season suv tires? Looking in the 150 to $200 range.I do mostly city driving and occasionally towing a fishing boat/ highway driving. If they made the SR-A still I would purchase those as they have been great for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I'm looking to get new tires on my 2002 limited. Currently running the oem wrangler sr-a. But those are no longer made in 235,65r17. Looking at the fortitude ht instead. Anyone have any experience with them or suggestions for all season suv tires? Looking in the 150 to $200 range.I do mostly city driving and occasionally towing a fishing boat/ highway driving. If they made the SR-A still I would purchase those as they have been great for me. Thanks.
Goodyear Wrangler SR-A Radial Tire - 245/65R17 are available Ru.

I think you would find 245/65R17 to your liking.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I never liked the SR-A - wore out way too quickly and were not very good on wet roads. Sucked with any snow. I liked the Firestone Destination LE2 (LE3 now). Have gone through 2 sets and have been pleased. The important factor for me was handling/traction in wet/snowy conditions. Mileage was also a concern but IMHO, the mileage estimates are greatly inflated. Got between 40K-45K miles. Not great but better the the SR-A.
I also like the Cooper Dicover AT3.
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts