Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Getting what she deserves!! Hi-Lines and lo center.

39320 426
I have had this Jeep since she was brand spanking new, and have been putting off my build plans so I can TRY to only do this once, build it like I want and have no conflicting parts, or should I say parts to re-purchase or change.I am glad I waited because if you had asked me three years ago I would have said " I want to do a 6" Fabtec lift and run 35's". Then I went wheeling with some friends and it involved a little bit of rocks!! I was bit, and WOW how my vision of the Jeep has changed! Now I want 60's front/rear, 2.5"-3.5" of lift, a bit of stretch front and rear, and 40's. I have very little done yet but it's just now starting. As of now, 1" body lift, Rampage frameless top, Bestop sliding windows. I have just started my high lines in the front. Started with T&T hi-lines with flares, and an AEV hood.

Ok Starting picture: This is what I've done with it so far, but like I said I was thinking totally different route before when I did this!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After reading through T&T's website directions for the Hi-Line fenders, I started to remove all the under hood items on the wells. I had already messed with my intake and moved it to pull air from the cowl sometime last year, so I didn't have to worry about that part. One issue(small) I had was in the instructions it reads to drill a 17/64" hole in the top mounting point into firewall/cowl area for a rivet nut. It should read 17/32". I made a call to Rod over at T&T and he got me the correct size. (Thanks Rod for putting up with me a few times that day!) The other issue came when the instructions read to install the stock battery tray into the new battery support.... It won't fit, you only need use the tray sensor re-installed into the pre drilled hole they provide in the tray. The final issue came with the fitment of the hood. I need to call Rod back and as about this one, I'll show a picture in a few. But once the hood was on, and I closed it to align everything there is a gap between the hood edge and about 6-7" along the rear of the fender flat. You can see right past it into the wheel well area, and it's even on both sides. I thought T&T's flares where meant to work with AEV's as well as a cut hood???

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude, I am liking the Lost Sheep sticker on the intake, I have that key chain, and sweet Jeep man
:rofl: I like it too, just mad it wrinkled up on me!I did away with the breather tube I had originally installed on the intake and put the coupler over the old hole in the tube til I get to bending another one, and it slide down while hot one day and ruined the sticker a bit :(, Anyway thanks, it's just starting to grow up now though hope the jeep looks totally different.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Looking good. The AEV is stamped so it is probably right on. I'd be more inclined to believe that tnt's jig was off when welding the fenders up. The other thing is if you have to, pull the fender that's too low, wallow out the holes on the back side a little, weld the other side of the hole so that it doesn't sag back down, and re-install. It's about 10 minutes of work. Just for ****s and grins, throw a level across the top of the fender from front to rear on both sides, see if one is sagging.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking good. The AEV is stamped so it is probably right on. I'd be more inclined to believe that tnt's jig was off when welding the fenders up. The other thing is if you have to, pull the fender that's too low, wallow out the holes on the back side a little, weld the other side of the hole so that it doesn't sag back down, and re-install. It's about 10 minutes of work. Just for ****s and grins, throw a level across the top of the fender from front to rear on both sides, see if one is sagging.
It's unfortunately not the up and down of fender, it is where the hood line comes down from cowl to grill, or length wise i'll post a pic real quick.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Easy then, remove it from the grill and slot that hole a little more. Same principle applies.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Can you use a hammer and dolly to raise it a little? Or bend the hood down a little?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I started the Rokmen hood pins lastnight. I should have waited till today so I could have went and bought the correct size hole saw for the bottom of the hoods holes. It calls for a 2 5/8" and I had a 2 1/2" .... I can't get my fingers in there to start the nuts for the poly piece. I'll have to remove some of the corners later today. I hated cutting into that brand new hood!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 427 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.