Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a charcoal griller all my life and I always will, but lately I have been contemplating getting a gas grill just for the convenience of being able to grill stuff on a weeknight, and whenever I am in a hurry.

I have been looking at the new Weber Genesis 2 e-310. It seems pretty solid, and my dad has an old genesis gold that has been pretty much bulletproof. I was researching the new Genesis 2 and it seems that Weber has moved the manufacturing to China, so now I'm a little hesitant about buying it.

Does anyone have any experience with this grill? Or can anyone chime in with a comparable grill in that price range? Basically 3 burner in the $500 - $800 range.

Thanks

·
Administrator
21,384 Posts
I have a Genesis for about 2 years and love it. Not sure of model number but it's 3 burner with a searing bar and a side burner. It does not flare up no matter what I cook on it. Paid about $800 as I recall.

Not a fan of the side burner; seems like a waste of gas to me, but they all seem to come with one now.

·
Registered
14,021 Posts
happymudder, don't overlook the the webber Q Grills. great for weekdays when you just don't feel like starting up the charcoal. i have the Q-300. 2 years ago i was going to drop a grand or more on a weber summit gas grill. it was then i found out they were made in china. came home with a Q3oo for around 200.00. works perfect for weekday cooks.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
My seven-year-old Weber Summit E/S-650 has been a strong performer. This is the extra large model w/ six burners, an IR cover burner and a side burner for a pan.

My model has a stainless cover, stainless side tables, stainless doors and a large stainless drip tray. My model has a large cast aluminum cook box. My model has a steel panel box frame.

My home has a salt water canal in the back yard. The two steel side panels rusted / rotted out at the bottom, where the wheels attach. Those both required purchasing replacement parts from the manufacturer. The steel bottom and rear panel both needed light spot sanding on some rust spots and painting. The manufacturer tied my proximity to salt water for the rust failures.

The chrome-plated parts now have some minor chrome peeling / pitting. Those are the door handles, the side table handles and the trim rings on the lid handle.

The original Weber heavy duty cover finally disintegrated in the south Florida sun. It was replaced w/ the new-style lightweight Weber cover. The new style cover is much better.

The grill is always covered when not in-use. The grill is always fully cleaned and fully polished after every usage. The grill always looks brand new, with the exception of the minor chrome peeling / pitting. The stainless polishes up GREAT w/ Nevr Dull, followed by stainless "baby wipes".

Mine has the old-style weight-type tank scale. It has never worked well to indicate propane content.

There is ZERO HESITATION for me to recommend my Weber grill. It cooks great. It is easy to use. It looks great. The construction is top notch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I always check consumerreports for the best gas grills so I ended up buying Nexgrill 720-0830H from Home Depot. The only downside is the Stainless STeel grates (prefer CAst IRon). Good solid grill for the money.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Gas grills are a menace. One of the worst home appliances as far as safety is concerned. Stick with charcoal. Better result, less danger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.