2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $600
Rating 4
Average Price $340.57
Manufacturer Garmin
Recommended Yes: 14 / No: 0

Backwoods, boundary waters, blue highways - the GPSMAP 60 is your trusted guide to the great outdoors. The GPSMAP 60 and its counterpart, the GPS 60, are packed with several of the features found in the 60-series color navigators, but sport an affordable, high-resolution monochrome display for outdoor enthusiasts on a budget.

Get Rugged Navigation

The robust, waterproof GPSMAP 60 is the perfect, low-cost navigator for wherever your spirit of adventure takes you:

Built-in basemap with automatic routing capabilities to guide you, turn-by-turn, with tone prompts to your destination
Large, sunlight-readable, four-level grayscale display with bright LED backlight makes it easy to find your way, day or night
28 hours of battery life for more hours of outdoor enjoyment
WAAS-enabled for even more precise location and navigation
Both serial and USB connections for fast and versatile connection to your computer
Get Fun-filled Features

GPSMAP 60 has 24 megabytes (MB) of internal memory for storing marine, topo and city street maps from optional MapSource® mapping software. Just find the place you want to go to, and the GPSMAP 60 can route you there, on roads or off. The GPSMAP 60 also offers special geocaching features, indoor and outdoor games, an alarm clock, sunrise/sunset and moon phase tables, optimal hunting and fishing times - plus much more.

GPSMAP 60: Making it easy to navigate the great outdoors.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Price $450
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Originally bought for hiking and backpacking and installed topo maps, mounted on the dash for daily use. Unit acquires signal quickly and is very accurate. Speed information is reliable and usually easier to see than the speedometer. Great dual purpose unit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Price $350
Rating 5
Pros Very accurate (down to 8 meters) Bright Display No problems with losing a signal
Cons Little bulky... but thats comparing to a cell phone and ipod. For a gps I guess its average
Recommended yes

Comments: I have the GPSmap 60CSx which is the color version. The original base map sucks so I got the us Topo 2008 and it covers everywhere in the US with a lot of detail. I also have Mapsource US topo (the old one) Dont get it, the maps are way outdated and there isnt very much detail.

Overall, Im glad got it dont know what I would do without it now. 10/10

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Price $300
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I'm into geocaching / hiking / climbing & bought this, my 3rd - years ago before eveyone had em'

·
Registered
135 Posts
Price $258
Pros User friendly, portable
Cons Small buttons, doesnt charge while plugged in
Recommended yes

Comments: I love this GPS unit. It's portability is a key function I needed, I switch it out from my XJ to my boat. It tracks well and is user friendly. The buttons could be somewhat larger and if it charged itself while plugged in would be a plus, but overall, its a great unit. The battery usage while unplugged is fair. Here in PA during summer months the tree cover is dense and I've never really had a problem receiving satellite signal. I would recommend this GPS.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Price $150
Pros Didn't have my product...actually Garmin GPS "V", but this is similar. Garmin is God's point of view...
Cons Doesn't have the Hubble Telescope built in...J/K, no probs so far, haven't gotten lost yet
Recommended yes

Comments: The Garmin GPS "V" is an old school GPS that is worth the money if you get your hands on one... doubles as a handheld when not mounted in your car. Get 'er Done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.