4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $500
Rating 4
Average Price $316.25
Manufacturer Garmin
Recommended Yes: 11 / No: 0

The GPSMAP 60CSx adds several performance-enhancing features to the popular 60-series products, including a removable microSD™ card, high-sensitivity GPS receiver, barometric altimeter and electronic compass.

With the GPSMAP 60CSx, you can find your way in almost any conditions:

* High-sensitivity GPS receiver gives you improved satellite reception even in heavy tree cover or deep canyons
* Barometric altimeter provides extremely accurate elevation data
* Electronic compass can determine your heading and direction, even when you're standing still
* IPX7 waterproof case can withstand an accidental dunk in the water and still perform
* Large, color TFT display makes viewing the screen easy, day or night
* Built-in Americas autoroute basemap, including highways, exits and tide data, gives you automatic, turn-by-turn directions

The 60CSx comes with a blank 64 megabyte (MB) microSD card, so you can store extra maps from optional MapSource® mapping software. Just connect to your computer with the USB cable, and you can load map data or transfer routes and waypoints. You can even purchase microSD cards that are preloaded with MapSource maps, which means you don't have to connect to your computer. The microSD card slot is located inside the waterproof battery compartment, so you never have to worry about water getting inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $300
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Great handheld GPS. Excellent signal quality, even indoors! Very durable case. Works great for geocaching. Only downside is the interface can be slow at times.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Price $280
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: This is my second GPS handheld primarily used for Geocaching. I absolutely love this GPS, and has proved much more accurate than my previous eTrex Legend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rating 5
Pros locks on quickly. Wish I could have seen the Oregon first.
Cons city navigator noy too whippy. Goose chase might come to mind when first starting to navigate.
Recommended yes

Comments: I use it for elk hunting. Works great for this. I have a problem with the posibility of getting lost. When installing topo, future topo installs will erase previous installs, my son found this out when we went hunting this month

·
Registered
331 Posts
Price $1
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Nice handheld unit, easily viewable mounted in the jeep. Haven't lost a signal yet

·
Registered
24 Posts
Price $400
Pros Electronic Compass
Cons None yet
Recommended yes

Comments: Nice little unit that is very user friendly. I upgraded from the GPSMap 60Cx for the electronic compass which seems to work well. Marks all my fishing spot and use it for Search and Rescue and Geocaching. Rugged little unit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Price $350
Pros Colour screen, expandable memory,Topo Canada Maps or Topo USA, ease of operation, 3M accuracy
Cons Small screen
Recommended yes

Comments: Excellent product with only one drawback. Screen size is only 1.5" X 2.2".Expandable memory.https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=145&pID=309#specsTab

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.