Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· My Reality Check Bounced
20,091 Posts
You can log into the owners portal at Jeep.com and see what recalls were done and any outstanding ones. That is just a documentation thing, nothing like pictures to verify.

Reactions: Brewcity73

· My Reality Check Bounced
20,091 Posts
You took a wrong turn somewhere. The recall fixes a starting issue, rarely a stalling issue. Frustrating none the less.

You probably have a defect not related to the fuel pump recall fix, or even the TIPM, that is difficult to pinpoint. I'm sure you are tech savy enough to identify the issue as a bad TIPM anyway. So swap it out. The hardest part is swapping all the fuses.

I think if you search for stalling you will find several possibilities, most of which suggest corrosion or defects in a connector, usually the TIPM. But there are certainly others that was not solved. If you don't want to burden a subsequent owner with the problem and don't want to drive a death trap, sell it to a scrap/recycling yard and have them flatten it. Then move on.

Every manufacture makes problem children, look at some of the GM threads if you want to feel better :) .

Reactions: Steve.A
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.