Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sort of new to Jeeps. Thinking of changing the fuel filter (2011 Liberty Sport 3..7L V-6 4wd 150K miles). Problem is no one seems to agree as to where the filter is located. I have been all over the net to get info. Some say in tank, some say outside the tank, some say an in-line filter by frame rail, some say never has to be changed. Any ifo would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not seen a out of the tank filter primary in decades in any vehicle. From what i have encountered they are all part on the pump in the tank.
I've searched the net and find locations for 2003 to maybe 2013 or so but no location for a 2011 for some reason. most have location between tank and drivers side rear wheel but no location for a 2011!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so I'm assuming that no one really knows IF there is a filter outside the tank and it's location. Like I said, I've found the filter & location on various yrs except 2011. MOST have external filters. would save me crawling around under the jeep if I knew for sure the filter was not in the tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts