Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sort of new to Jeeps. Thinking of changing the fuel filter (2011 Liberty Sport 3..7L V-6 4wd 150K miles). Problem is no one seems to agree as to where the filter is located. I have been all over the net to get info. Some say in tank, some say outside the tank, some say an in-line filter by frame rail, some say never has to be changed. Any ifo would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
11,087 Posts
I had a old suburban that needed one. since the tank was a job to remove. I cut a access hole and made that job way simple. Just be very careful as one could burn it down as well. The thing about it was the new pump was POS, had to redo it again not to long after. Was even faster to change with access plate.... Do this at your own risk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not seen a out of the tank filter primary in decades in any vehicle. From what i have encountered they are all part on the pump in the tank.
I've searched the net and find locations for 2003 to maybe 2013 or so but no location for a 2011 for some reason. most have location between tank and drivers side rear wheel but no location for a 2011!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so I'm assuming that no one really knows IF there is a filter outside the tank and it's location. Like I said, I've found the filter & location on various yrs except 2011. MOST have external filters. would save me crawling around under the jeep if I knew for sure the filter was not in the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts