Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
81 - 100 of 373 Posts

·
You want what, when?
352 Posts
WOOO HOOO! I found it on partsgeek and it's $128 and a $25 core. They have a PS pump with reservoir for me for $36. I still have to find a set of brackets and my jeep has the double pulleys already.

I just ordered it and the box had free shipping. The pump and hoses cost $8.95 to ship to FL.

https://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?i=1&ssq=27-7595

I hope this helps someone else!

Paul

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just ordered pn# 277595 from parts geek. Now my question for the hoses, do i just buy the replacment hoses for my cj7 right and not for the h1? Also shouldit be a simple swap with my borgeson steering shaft? Thanks for any info

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yes, buy the hoses for a 80 and newer CJ with power steering. If you had a manual box in there before, swapping to a Borgenson steering shaft that is made for use with power steering is a very easy way to accomplish this. Plus you get rid of connections that have a ton of slop.

Reactions: AstroGuy

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sweet thanks. Another question i have 33's MTRK is a new HD bracket really worth it. I was looking at MORE for abt $100, just not sure if its really worth it? I dont wheel it at all. Maybe just mud and some sand thats it.

·
You want what, when?
352 Posts
So what is to be gained from this swap. My power steering works great and is one finger turning now. Is it a strength issue?
For me, I am going from manual to power steering so a big advantage. My understanding on the swap for people with PS already is to gain the variable gear in the steering.

I am still having trouble locating the pump mounting brackets. If anyone has a line on these please chime in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
For those with power steering it is two fold. The variable steering is nice 16:1-13:1, instead of 17.5:1 lock to lock. The ratio is slower while near the center of the box, and faster the closer you get to lock out. This maintains highway speed drive-ability while lessening the amount of turns necessary to go from lock to lock(handy while maneuvering and low speed). So essentially it's the best of both worlds from a ratio stand point.

The H1 box also has larger/stronger internals than the CJ box, making it more durable when paired with larger tires etc.

My CJ had a box that came out of a Chevy Nova/Camaro, it was a 14:1 constant ratio box. This was a mistake by the PO-the box was a Saginaw 800(AKA 76 Box), but they made that same casting with 2 sets of internals(different ratios) one for Trucks(17.5:1) and one for cars-the number near the top plate differentiates the two(hard to see in junk-which is probably how it made it into the jeep). The Jeep was really twitchy and nerve racking to drive.

With the new H1 box, the Jeep is much more stable, and drives like a whole new vehicle. But like I said. I had the wrong box to begin with, for those with a proper box, the difference may not be as drastic dependent upon it's condition.

·
Registered
809 Posts
ROB03HD said:
Sweet thanks. Another question i have 33's MTRK is a new HD bracket really worth it. I was looking at MORE for abt $100, just not sure if its really worth it? I dont wheel it at all. Maybe just mud and some sand thats it.
I have the same tires. I put on the MORE bracket and brace. I figured that since I was putting the H1 box on, I might as well install those parts at the same time. Very nice products from MORE.

·
You want what, when?
352 Posts
ROB03HD said:
I just ordered pn# 277595 from parts geek. Now my question for the hoses, do i just buy the replacment hoses for my cj7 right and not for the h1? Also shouldit be a simple swap with my borgeson steering shaft? Thanks for any info
Did you get confirmation on shipping from partsgeek yet?

·
You want what, when?
352 Posts
Just a heads up. Partsgeek refunded my purchase without contacting me. There is no way to speak to a person with them ..... Crazy. I filed a support ticket because they still show 2 in stock on their website. They said not in stock and no ETA also no in-stock notification system. Don't waste your time ordering from them.

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
Just a heads up. Partsgeek refunded my purchase without contacting me. There is no way to speak to a person with them ..... Crazy. I filed a support ticket because they still show 2 in stock on their website. They said not in stock and no ETA also no in-stock notification system. Don't waste your time ordering from them.
Same with me, although they did notify me about my refund.

·
Premium Member
1984 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade
10,105 Posts
What, did I get the last one in existence from O'Reilly's Auto then?

They must be scarce because I never had an issue with my local NAPA getting hard to find parts for me before and it was a no-go with them also. I guess I should be fortunate that I was able to find one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone know where i can get one?

Just bought the MORE bracket from quadratec expecting the h1 box to arrive from partsgeek but so much for that. i see they refunded some of yalls money. I hope i hear something from them tomarrow. Not very great customer service if they cant even provide an # for you to talk to someone. Sorry im just venting.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just picked one up off Fleabay for $169 including shipping. Hopefully it will turn out to be an easy transaction. They have some on there frequently in that price range for the rebuilt units. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Try Amazon. I tried advance auto, napa, parts geek(canceled order because their system can't show 0 inventory or backordered :confused: is what the email said). Amazon showed 1, bought it and got it yesterday. They had 2 on there yesterday.

81 - 100 of 373 Posts