Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
10,676 Posts
Beer and pizza to celebrate a new baby. I love it. Congrats!

·
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
I assume you put the taters on first, and if so, how long before the T-bone went on ?

:drool:
Yeah, I put the taters on probably 15 minutes before the steak, and pulled them off a couple minutes after...I don't really have a time I use for potatoes because it can vary so wildly. I just do em till I can easily split one with a fork.

When I put the steak on, I moved the taters more towards the outside where direct heat isn't as high, so as not to burn, because leaving the lid open as much as it takes to regulary turn those means a fried steak

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
congrats on your new arrival. i remember those days. i am also enjoying my BGE. i will however need to get either the large or medium size to compliment my x-large. using too much charcoal.
Try lighting less...use half a charcoal starter split into two pieces on only one half of the XL. The difference in use should be negligible unless you're cooking for more than a few people.

Did a Georgia peach pie on the egg yesterday...turned out great! Slices held together much better after refrigerating, but I always have to have one hot slice with some ice cream...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
They label sold me. Wasn't bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
how bout some details, like what sauce and spices used, what you cooked it in ect... looks good.
I use a rub of (all measurements are approximate)
Brown sugar 2-3 cups
salt 1-3 tsp
pepper 1-2 Tbs
rosemary 2-3 Tbs
Granulated garlic 2-3 Tbs
other spices if you wanna there's no exact science to this rub.

Rub that all over put it in the refrigerator over night. The next morning it goes into my smoker for 7-8 hours. I put sauce on them the last 30- 45min they'er in the smoker.

This pic shows jerky on very top then fish then ribs then chicken

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
You guys are making me hungry again...so I just took out two thick USDA Prime filets to thaw.
( yeah, I know...I froze them......but they dont keep forever in the fridge )

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
I told him I'm never going back to the hospital anyway..not unless I'm unconscious and someone carries me. Even then, when I wake up, I'll E&E. He "gets it"....and doesnt blame me for wanting to actually LIVE my life...not merely exist.

Besides, I eat enough turkey sausage or seafood to make him happy.

BTW, the steaks were great ! :thumbsup: ( they ought to be, at $24.99 a lb !)

141 - 160 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.