Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2009 GC Limited, with the 3.7L engine. This is the first time that this has happened, and it just occurred. If the vehicle is just sitting idling, the windows are clear. Once it begins moving, the windows fog up, and it's a battle to keep them clear. There's no odor of antifreeze, and no dampness on the floor. I even checked under the mats. I assume that a leaky heater core would create an odor and make the carpet wet, at least that's been my experience. This has the dual climate controls. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
832 Posts
remove the a/c filter under the hood -- its in front of the windshield on the right side. then get your shop vac out and suck out all the junk. if the air inlet is plugged and wet, that can cause the inside of the windows to fog up. worth a try.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. This one doesn't have that particular option. I looked for it before, when I was trying to diagnose another problem.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
This is a 2009 GC Limited, with the 3.7L engine. This is the first time that this has happened, and it just occurred. If the vehicle is just sitting idling, the windows are clear. Once it begins moving, the windows fog up, and it's a battle to keep them clear. There's no odor of antifreeze, and no dampness on the floor. I even checked under the mats. I assume that a leaky heater core would create an odor and make the carpet wet, at least that's been my experience. This has the dual climate controls. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Assuming you are in one of the defrost modes so the AC would be on, I have seen where the condenser drain was plugged and or frozen and allowed a lot of extra humidity inside.

doesnt have what option??? no a/c filter???
The cabin air filter only came into existence late in the WK series ( 08 maybe) and was a rare option after that. I believe only the overland got it as standard equip. There are kits available to install one yourself that were pretty popular in the day.

Reactions: AndrettiGTO

·
Registered
832 Posts
ok thats why I have one - mine is an overland. didnt know other models came with out a cabin air filter

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi.
Same in UK. No cabin air filter on the 2005-2010. If you buy an aftermarket one it has to be botched fitted upside down due to you guys having the steering wheel on the wrong side. ;)

My 2008 fogs inside. Always has and i have no idea why. No coolant loss and air con drains just fine. Always have a large wet patch under car in summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts