·
Consider the following...
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
311WJ

Year: 2001
Model: WJ Limited
Drive Train: 4.7 V8, NV247, D30/D44a w/varilock
Suspension: 6" front/4.5" rear, Long Arms, triangulated LA 4 link Rear, Procomp MX6 Shocks
Tires: 33" BFGoodrich Mud-terrain KM2's
Other Notable Mod's: 17" Cragar Soft 8's, Flowmaster super 44 exhaust, K&N drop in, red top Optima and stickers! lol...
Favorite Mod: 33" Km2's
Least Favorite Mod: cragars (want something with even less backspacing)
Favorite Trail: Hells Revenge, Moab UTBest Trail Carnage: smashed rocker panel under front passenger door on Cliffhanger trail in Moab

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644569

ArloGuthroJeep

Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Drive Train: 4.56 gears, D30/open, D44a/Aussie, Tom Wood Double Cardan Front Drive Shaft
Suspension: Claytons 6" Long arms. 12" travel Bilstein 5125 shocks.
Tires: 285/75-16 (33x11.5) TrXus MT 's on Crager Soft 8's
Other Notable Mod's: Custom belly skid
Favorite Mod: Claytons - hands down!
Least Favorite Mod: Budget boost
Favorite Trail: Wheeler Lake (http://arlojeep.com/Trip-Reports/Wheeler-Lake-7-21-07/)
Best Trail Carnage: Ripped apart Teraflex rear LCA on Golden Spike in Moab , UT (http://arlojeep.com/Trip-Reports/GSW-08/Carnage-5-30-08/)

Elkaholic

Year: 1998
Model: ZJ
Drive Train: 5.9, 46-RE,NV-249, Carolina drive shaft double cardian, FRONT DANA 30, REAR DANA 44A
Suspension: 4.5 RE SF all 8 adjustable arms, front and rear adjustable track bars.
Tires: 285/75/16 KM2's
Other Notable Mod's: Stage 1 sliders, Conferr roof rack, Warn XD9000i, Kennesaw front and rear bumpers, front and rear diff. covers, Extream Alloy Wheels
Favorite Mod: All of them
Least Favorite Mod: None
Favorite Trail: 4 wheelin in NM, in the mountains.
Best Trail Carnage: None

nierace

Year: 2003
Model: WJ
Drive Train: 4.7 V8 545RFE and 242HD soon to have HP44 and 4.10 gears
Suspension: Clayton front LAs, Teraflex rear LCA and A-arm spacer, IRO 5" coils + KOR 3/4" spacers, JKS Trackbar and quick disconnects, Tierod and Draglink flip JKS HD tie rod, Black Diamond Shocks
Tires: 35"x12.5" BFGoodrich KM2 on Cragar Soft 8's
Other Notable Mod's: JKS Sliders, IRO Transfer Case Skid, Warn Front, Receiver, Washer bottle relocated
Favorite Mod: Gotta love those meats.
Least Favorite Mod: 242HD I should have just bought a atlas
Favorite Trail: Big Dogs was lots of fun :)
Best Trail Carnage: Weekend in big dogs offroad = Bent drive shaft, bent tie rod, mangled crossmember, blown bead and a variety of gnarly dents on the drivers side.

I put the mall in crawl!

·
Consider the following...
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FooK

Year: 2002
Model: Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ Limited
Drive Train: 4.7L V8, D44A, D30, Quadradrive, 3.73:1 gearing
Suspension: KYB GR2 Shocks, 2.5" BB Spacers Front, 1.75" BB Spacers Rear
Tires: 17" Maob Wheels/Tires from 2008 Rubicon JK
Other Notable Mod's: 3" Exhaust System (3" y-pipe, high flow cat, flo-pro max muffer, IRO Tailpipe, Installed by Punks), Airaid Cold Air Intake, ARB Winch Bumper, Smittybilt XRC8 5.5hp Winch, 4" HID Off-Road Lights, 7" HID Off-Road Lights, PIAA 520 Ion Fogs, Interceptor 400 Siren Box, 100W PA Speaker, Vista Lightbar, Yaesu FT8900-R Quadband Transceiver, Hidden Strobes, Pioneer Bluetooth Head-Unit, Sirius Tuner, iPod, Steering Controls Adapter, Tons of E-Crew Vinyl Work, V3 Projector Headlights, HIR Bulbs, Scanguage II
Favorite Mod: That loud and rowdy exhaust
Least Favorite Mod: The best part of planning such a specific build is that I don't have a least favorite, its exactly as I wanted everything to be.
Favorite Trail: Oregon Trail (as in Oregon Trail Rally)
Best Trail Carnage: I was T-Boned, but not on a trail.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569207
(but the pictures aren't working you gotta view them here)
http://www.e-crewnw.com/album/v/useralbums/JR/build/

FPKites

Year: 1996
Model: ZJ
Drive Train: 5.2, 44RE, 242J, 4.56 Yukon gears, rear Aussie
Suspension: 4-ish" Teraflex coils and spacers, 8 Teraflex control arms, RE Monotubes
Tires: 32x11.50-15 Kumho MT KL71
Other Notable Mods: KOR Sliderz, radiator support, TC skid/crossmember, light bar, steering brace
Favorite Mod: Taurus fan swap (DC Controls controller)
Least Favorite Mod: None yet
Favorite Trail: Hell's Revenge, Moab
Best Trail Carnage: Most visible: Mangled KOR TC skid. Most crippling: Cap bearing in 249 go boom on Hell's Revenge

Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12413

Speedycat

Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee Limited
Drive Train: 5.2, Auto Trans, Dana 30 and 35
Suspension: 5 inch mixed lift, Rancho control arms, JKS front and rear track bars, Addco Sway bars
Tires: 33x12.50x17 MT Baja Claws on 2006 Mustang Bullitt rims.
Other Notable Mod's: Front and rear Protofab / KOR bumpers, KOR Roof Rack. HF, VHF and UHF radio capable.
Favorite Mod: Bumpers
Least Favorite Mod: None yet
Favorite Trail: Everglades National Park
Best Trail Carnage: Stock rear bumper ripped off.

I apologize for my lack of trail pictures. My rig is basically a support rig for emergencies for our CAP squadron, and also for our EOC in case of Hurricanes or other natural disasters.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Jim, agreed on the awesome pics. Again, it was pretty damned difficult to choose just one out of all of the sweet *** Jeeps.

·
Survivor
2,625 Posts
Jim's pics are absolutely badass.
Give's me something to hope for to get out west and do some wheeling.
I've been told many times locally that I am wasting my money going long arms in mine, but looking at those pics I get reassured that I am going the right way.

·
I ate what?
8,493 Posts
Man this is a tough choice, all good selections, I'm glad I already won so I don't have to compete anymore :laugh:

Props to all the nominees, as they are all great rigs and each deserving of Feb ROTM. I need some more time to think about it, I may even have to break it down via pro/con list...this seriously is a tough call :laugh:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
elkaholic gets my vote!!! that thing is sweet!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Voted. Awesome selection of Jeeps, it was a very difficult choice.

·
Registered
168 Posts
DANG WEBSENSE!!!!!!!! I can't see the pics. I'll have to wait till i get home...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Definitely a mean selection of rigs, it took me a couple of scrolls up and down to cast my vote... good luck guys :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wow, that was a hard choice. Good luck guys, you all have nice rigs!

·
Premium Member
13,609 Posts
Neil, Shoey, Speedy - thanks, I'm honored.

Sometimes I hang with the big guys a little too much :rofl:

Definitely a great group of rigs this month.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
That's some serious competition.

·
Registered
544 Posts
This is a tough one. There is some really nice WJ's up there, but I think Elkaholic has a really nice Expidition rig.
Good lift, not to much, combines with practicality, and fully protected. It looks amazing and clean. Its everything a 5.9 should be! I agree fully, I like the way the nomination system worked out.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Fook still has my vote,There are a lot more capable rigs on here , but the fact that he built his rig for a volunteer position is quite commendable, and it definitely takes away the usual "Poser" comments associated with a BB and 32s

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Fook still has my vote,There are a lot more capable rigs on here , but the fact that he built his rig for a volunteer position is quite commendable, and it definitely takes away the usual "Poser" comments associated with a BB and 32s
Capability is subject to purpose. I'd be willing to bet that there is no more capable Jeep on here than mine...but only for MY purpose.

It's a common stereotypical misconception on this site and most sites like it that the only purpose a Jeep can be built for is trails and off-roading. I'd formally disagree with that stereotype. Now for the purpose I built my Jeep for, I'd challenge anyone to find a more capable vehicle. I'm not bragging by any means, its just that a ton of experience and planning went into the build of it.

But I do understand where you're coming from and appreciate your vote :cheers:

·
Survivor
2,625 Posts
There is a great feeling about volunteering.
In 2006 I was part of a crew that suffered a serious aviation accident in the mountains of Colombia. When the situation was settled, the airport emergency vehicles needed to return to their normal position so that the airport could resume operations.
Three vehicles were authorized into the airport and one of them a battered Suzuki Jeep. That was the greatest help I had during my extended stay of almost 1 month there.
Mind you that it was an act of help unsolicited from a local person, and I am grateful of that until today.
There are some pics of the airplane accident elsewhere in this site.
After coming back I decided that I wanted to support our CAP squadron with something different, and thus the Heep project came about.
We do not have scenic trails here in Florida, I am definitely preparing my rig for later trail riding in the west, but for now it is dedicated to Volunteer work also through our Amateur Radio Club and the EOC. :cheers2:

1 - 20 of 156 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.