Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
...Notice they showed a gain of 6 hp and 4 lb-ft of torque at around 4500rpm....
I dynoed my Mustang and I saw a 5.3 HP gain & 6.1 lb-ft torque gain from the 1st pull compared to the 3rd pull and each time the engine was fully up to operating temperature. I might believe the JP magazine gains if the magazine ran 10 pulls without the intake add-on installed and then 10 pulls with the intake add-on installed. Then the differences noted between each pull before and after was a minimum 6hp, I would honestly say that the pipe give a 6hp gain. Otherwise it's snake oil.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
All I know is from firsthand experience, I had a 1996 VW Passat VR6 with a Neuspeed P-flow and a K&N air filter on it; and whereas I did "feel" better acceleration and get better gas mileage from the car compared to my wife's nearly identical 95 VW Passat VR6...
How does a K&N Filter help with better gas mileage?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The most restrictive part of a Jeep TJ, Mustang 5.0L or any other engine is the throttle body. Not sure how a free-flowing intake can help with fuel mileage.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
You guys are thinking too much. I'm talking about how a high flow filter effects fuel efficiency when there is a partially opened throttle body that restricts the air already during most of your "economic driving."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.