Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Emergency Lights on Jeep?

825 Views 46 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  xtremehardy388
Does anyone have any emergency lights on their jeep? We can respond code to calls here and I have them on my Dodge, but plan on setting my CJ up with them now that I just paid off the Dodge.

I am looking for ideas. I do like the LEDs for the low power draw, since sometimes you are parked directing trafic for hours.

Thanks,
Eric
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for letting me join. My tj has 4 TIR3's in the front grill blue/white criss cross pattern. I have 6 90watt strobes in the corners. 1 in each front turn signal 1 in the reverse light and 1 in the brake light on the back. I need to change my patterns its kinda dizzing to look at right now. I have a mini phantom above my rear view mirror and 2 red/blue talons on the back roll bar facing the rear. Everything is run with a relay and fuses. Each is switched under the HVAC controls with a common ground running back to the battery. Once i get a decent camera im going to take a video of them all on.

Stay safe

· Registered
331 Posts
You all have some very nice set ups. I wish i could make my jeep code. Here in California, they're very strict on everything. In order to "legally" make your POV code 3, you have to be signed off by the chief of your department. My chief wont allow us to do it, mainly because its a lot of paperwork for him, and we've had a couple incidents of people running code through town just cuz they wanted to. a couple people screwed it up for the rest of us.:brickwall It would sure be nice for me, i live over 30 min. away from my station....

· Registered
1,745 Posts
well in va.. u can only run red lights.. no sirens.. cant even run a red light.. nor pass people unless they pull over for u..

in my county.. u have to have EVOC-3 and be 21 with + points on ur DL.. to be able to run lights.. im lucky.. i got +1 on my DL.. lol

· Registered
211 Posts
here in maine we are alowed to run red and white, nothing above the roof. lightbars and sirens are for chief and asst chiefs only. most of us run hide-a-ways or dash lights.
heres my set-up, i have two LED MINI3s above the grill, and two whelen vertex hide-a-way LEDs in the rear. im saving up for two red/white sound off ghosts for the hood, once i get those, im gunna move the MINI3s to the side rear windows. next to come is a whelen airhorn.

sorry, this one is a little dark

· Registered
146 Posts
i never had such a hard time trying to light a rig as my wrangler, I endded up puttung 2 led ligth sticks at the top of the window, 2 12 pack leds below the headlights anda set of clear strobes in the marker lens.

· Registered
121 Posts
I have all my lights and siren set up in my truck. Nothing in the Jeep. I still have some adjustments to do on the truck and want to add a couple to the back since all I currently have back there is wig wags.

· Registered
116 Posts
I've had a ton of light setups over the years. I wanted to light my CJ up without taking away from the look. We can run red/white in NC. I went with a simple visor light for now. It flat moves traffic!

· Registered
247 Posts
Wow guys those Jeeps look awesome. So as a new Jeep Wrangler owner I'm not sure what lights I should buy to put on my Jeep. I would love to put one in the front window and one in the back, but I'm not sure what would fit on the front window because of it being so steep.

· Registered
219 Posts
I found a good set of LED grille lights that Im going to end up getting for my turd...but Im having a problem finding some strobes...Id rather not spend more on the crappy clear strobes than I will for 4 LED grille lights and the control box..maybe someone here knows better than I do?

But we run red up here. So Im going to set up 2 in the grille, 2 on the inside of the truck and strobes in the tail lights, clear corners and the reverse lights..

· Registered
46 Posts
I was wondering if anyone here has ever hooked up a Whelen UHF 2150A Headlight flasher (wig-wag). I'm trying to hook one up to my 2004 TJ and the directions tell me to split each lights high beam wire and wire up the corresponding wires on the flasher, problem is on the passenger side socket there are two power leads for the high beam as one runs back to the drivers side socket and they are both colored the same and seems to be running in series.

· Registered
1,745 Posts
i wish i could put strobes in my lights.. i need strobes in my rear taillights.. but its illegal.. im still trying to figure out something to do with some leds in the rear since i do have a softtop.

· Registered
211 Posts
if i were you, i would get some mini LED3 units from sound off signal like i have on the front of my WJ, they are the smallest 3-led unit on the market untill the new tomar comes out. you can get an L bracket for them and mount themm right to the sides of your brake light housings.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.