Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7L and After fueling today some kind of malfunction was brought to my attention. Symptoms are as followed: Head Unit loses power, Gauge cluster quits working, turn signals quit working. The following lights appeared on the dash; Check Engine, Parking Brake (brake not applied), and electronic throttle control warning light.

Hooked up the scanner and only two codes were stored: P1411 which i've gathered is the MDS fails to disengage for cylinder 1
P1403: 5v reference to EGR valve Missing

Bench tested the alternator and it is functioning properly, checked harness for loose plugs and/or corrosion/breaks and it all checked out fine.

Looking for any advice to get me closer to a diagnosis as this is my daily driver and am not able to afford to have it out of commission. Any and all advice is welcome!!!!

·
Registered
12,621 Posts
are you sure those are "P" series codes? could they be "U" series?

let us know,

·
Registered
12,621 Posts
there are different alpha prefix's - there are codes P1403 and U1403.

your issue seams more likley a "U" series issue.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Most generic scanners will not display u-codes, or b-codes
U codes are communication issues between modules, ex. u0100/00 ipc loss communication w/ radio
B codes are body codes which range from anything to do with airbags to radios.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ground or battery Issue

It could be lose ground wire, lose connector, connector with water intrusion, pooe battery terminal connection, or a bad battery. Those are the easiest and most likely problems. Check your battery terminals. Do they have a lot of corrosion? Is it cold... maybe your battery is failing. Are there any lose ground wires?

There are other causes, but these are the major ones that anyone can identify and fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.