Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Proud owner of a 2015 JK ...until now ...battery kept dying if parked for a day or too , I attributed it to non-use , during this Covid mess...Jump start a few times ran great ..but kept dying ..Battery ? Replaced it ,under warranty ...same problem .....Finally had the time and weather above freezing to do a Parasitic Draw Test ... 1.3 w/ all fuses in pulled em 1 at a time ...the M13 fuse is the culprit !!!! Dropped to .3/4 ..pulled fuse out let car sit for 2 days and it started right up !! Now my question is ..M13 controls :
M13 20 Amp Yellow Ignition Off Draw - Cabin Compartment Node, Wireless Control Module, SIREN, Multifunction Control Switch...
Everything but remote locking / alarm seems to be working fine without the fuse in ...what am I missing ?
Can I leave it out till the weather breaks to tackle the issue (bring it to a electrical shop) ??

Thanks in advance
Neal

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Maybe a previous owner wired up an amp or similar incorrectly?

Is there anything aftermarket installed like alarm, remote start, stereo?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe a previous owner wired up an amp or similar incorrectly?

Is there anything aftermarket installed like alarm, remote start, stereo?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Nope , stock radio , had my lights hooked up to a Apollo Control panel , totally disconnected it ..even took my LED headlights out and replaced them with the oems ....

·
Registered
12 Posts
U2BDET - Did you ever figure anything out ? I am having a similar problem and I believe M13 might be my issue.
Shark_13 mentioned something that reminded me that I do have an aftermarket remote start I installed. BUt it was just a T harness that connected to the factory harness (not sure the terminology). However it does have a blue LED it uses as an antenna (at least I think that's what it is) that sometimes stays blue, sometimes, flashes, sometimes nothing.
I'm not even sure a flashing led can drain a battery in 2-3 days anyway. Just trying to figure this out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts