Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I need some assistance please. What started out as fixing my windshield frame lead to the entire front clip and dash coming out/off. Rebuilt heater, new turn signal indicator in the steering column, all new fuses and flashers, and a custom Rustoleum paint job that is far from perfect but perfect from a far. (don't judge, ;) ). Everything is back together and looking good however, when checking all of the lights I have a strange phenomenon going on. Driver's rear turn signal illuminates the passenger light. All other lights work as they should from the factory AND when emergency flashers are activated both rear lights flash. Wiring harness was never removed, lights were just unplugged and then plugged back in after painting. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
9,320 Posts
Check your grounds.

What happens is the electricity finds the best path to ground and follows it. As your lights are linked......

i sometimes just tap them and they start working. makes a ground contact

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, it was a bad ground. I unplugged the light from the harness, took it off the vehicle, lightly scuffed around the LP mount holes and light mounting holes put it all back together and works like new. Appreciate you all.

Reactions: devildog80
1 - 5 of 5 Posts