1. "Easy Outs", are not, no matter what the package says!.
2. "Easy Outs" have their place... (Usually left on the store shelf)
3. A reasonable quality set of LEFT hand twist drills will take out more broken bolts, studs, fittings, ect. than any "Easy Out" set ever will.
4. Cost of a quality set of LEFT hand twist drills will cost about 4 times what a set of "Easy Outs" will, but are 50 times handier and will 50 times the work.
5. A Carbide tipped Center Punch is MANDATORY.
6. So is Center Drilling and straight through Pilot Holes.
7. If you screw up the threads, LEARN TO HELI-COIL PROPERLY!
If you don't know what 'HELI-COILS' are, do a google search, and get some in basic bolt sizes (1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16").
They are NOT super cheap, but they ARE the best way to restore threads that have been seriously damaged.
8. LEARN TO USE 'NEVER-SEIZE' ON EVERYTHING that isn't 'Torque Critical'!
This is the single most important thing you can do for future maintenance and repairs!
9. USE CARBON STEEL TAPS when threading or restoring threads to holes!
Carbon Steel cost only SLIGHTLY more than High Speed Steel taps, but smaller taps will SHATTER with a sharp chisel and reasonable hammer, saving you EDM (Electronic Discharge Machining) Disintegration WHEN (not 'if') you break one.
10. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN 'CUTTING & TAPPING' oils and regular lubricating oils!
There is a difference between Steel, Aluminum and 'Balling' metals, like brass or copper, so use the CORRECT lubricant when cutting, drilling & tapping!