2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Condition: Driver’s door sagging. Top of rear edge down about 1 inch.
1. Bought and installed Dorman 38439 Jeep Cherokee Door Hinge Repair Kit on top hinge
- Result: Door stilled sagged. This kit’s two bushings fit inside the two car side holes in the hinge. The new hinge pin was the same size as the one removed. The door side hinge holes were also elongated, so this did not solve this issue.
2. Bought a full hinge on Ebay just for the door side of the hinge. Ground off the top of the hinge pin, removed and installed the door side of the new hinge. Did not use the whole hinge because it would have required a welder to remove the car side half of the old hinge, and to weld on the new hinge.
- Result: Door still sags, but not as much.
1. After spending about 4 hours and $50, it was a waste of time.
2. The door hinges on this vehicle are poorly designed. They should be bolted to the vehicle instead of welded. That way you could replace the whole hinge without any welding.