Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealership the other day and was looking to buy BFG KO2s (LT315/70/R17, C2). I have read a lot of post on this forum saying you need 2.5" lifts when going to that tire size. I asked about pricing and labor to have a lift installed and the guy asked me what model I had. I told him it was a Rubicon. He said I didn't need to lift it as the Rubicon comes with a stock 2" lift.

Is this true? Can I get away with no other lift and fit this tire in there? I have a JKU, 2016.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately, while I just recently bought a house and now have a garage, I don't have the tools to do any real work on the Jeep. It would cost me as much to get set up as to pay for it to be done. That aside, I don't have much experience working on cars either. I do have mechanical aptitude but have no more experience than what I received during my 4 years of high school auto shop. I'm sure jobs would take me 4x longer just figuring stuff out as I go. This is my DD, so it can't be out of commission for long.

I do know that the dealership was charging $1600 for the lift without labor factored in. This was for a 2.5" lift with Fox shock. Not sure if the lift was Terraflex or what. A local shop was charging me about $1200 for a 2.5" Terraflex lift, I forget which shocks. I think they wanted $1600 total with labor factored in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.