Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
23,495 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,559 Posts

It may be a block heater. I've never seen a 'freeze plug' repair like that.

TCS, Transmission Controlled Spark system, (?) Or vacuum advance Modulation system. If your jeep is running you probably don't need it.

Font Parallel Slope Rectangle Auto part

Motor vehicle Map Font Auto part Parallel

It makes a good vacuum leak. I'd I'd remove the delay valve and plug up all those ports.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
thank you guys so much for the diagrams. it's slowly making much more sense. and i probably never would have figured out that thing in the block was a heater. i am all for getting rid of any/all of these vacuum leaks!

so i will remove the tcs "cto switch" with the three ports that is threaded into my block and just plug it. (do i just unthread that, take it to ace and find a bolt of same thread to plug it? any special considerations or recommendations for plugging this port in the block?)

i will remove the delay valve thing and the port from the top of the intake manifold and just plug that with a properly threaded bolt. (??)

essentially i am finding out that the emissions stuff was partially removed, but not entirely. so i'm just cleaning up the leftover relics.

what about the egr valve. it looks like most people keep them on or in place, even though they aren't used. is that correct?

·
Super Moderator
23,559 Posts
thank you guys so much for the diagrams. it's slowly making much more sense. and i probably never would have figured out that thing in the block was a heater. i am all for getting rid of any/all of these vacuum leaks!

so i will remove the tcs "cto switch" with the three ports that is threaded into my block and just plug it. (do i just unthread that, take it to ace and find a bolt of same thread to plug it? any special considerations or recommendations for plugging this port in the block?)
You can do that but I think most people just remove the connections and leave the switch in place.

i will remove the delay valve thing and the port from the top of the intake manifold and just plug that with a properly threaded bolt. (??)
I like having a vacuum port available for a vacuum gauge so I would just remove the hoses and put a cap over the end to seal it off. But you can remove it and plug it if you wish.

essentially i am finding out that the emissions stuff was partially removed, but not entirely. so i'm just cleaning up the leftover relics.

what about the egr valve. it looks like most people keep them on or in place, even though they aren't used. is that correct?
To me the EGR is nice to have with the poor quality gas we have in this state. Cuts down on pinging.
However if you don't need it then removing it and putting a cover over it will give you more room.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
thanks. i will leave the vacuum ports in place just just plug them. i will just leave the egr because it's not in the way, i got tons of room, and anything that cuts down on pinging is good

any advice on plugging these ports in my exhaust manifold? i did accomplish what i initially set out to do, which was to remove the air injection manifold. but all my botls snapped off. so do i just drill them out, tap it, and plug them with bolts?

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Gas

cleaned up okay
Bumper Road surface Font Metal Charcoal

41 - 45 of 45 Posts