Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 JGC altitude has a low pitch hum on bumpy roads. Quiet and smooth on nice roads. It sounds normal but kind of gives me a headache in rough pavement. The edmunds review critic says they noticed this as well. Has anyone else noticed this? I wander if the limited, summit, high Altitude have any extra sound dampening underneath the car?

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
I am not sure what sound deadening the other trim levels offer for positive, but am pretty sure, like 99% that they are all the same. However. Rolls Royce offers what you are looking for.

·
My Reality Check Bounced
18,535 Posts
There has been some discussion, over the years, in the WK2 model forum https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/

The WK2 body has a tendency to boom, seems some more than others. The air suspension models seems to boom less. Summits and above have more acoustic dampening but it is not exterior (underneath).

Sometime the tires are the culprit, usually the sound will vary with tire pressure in that case.

The trailer tow can have less of a boom I think, so perhaps different brand shocks may change the characteristics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is awesome! Thank you. I realized my tire pressure is at 36 from the dealer. Maybe need to back it off a little and see. I meant to do this but got busy. I suffer from migraine headaches and this isn't a big deal but worth an adjustment.
There has been some discussion, over the years, in the WK2 model forum http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/

The WK2 body has a tendency to boom, seems some more than others. The air suspension models seems to boom less. Summits and above have more acoustic dampening but it is not exterior (underneath).

Sometime the tires are the culprit, usually the sound will vary with tire pressure in that case.

The trailer tow can have less of a boom I think, so perhaps different brand shocks may change the characteristics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts