Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Ive been a Jeep owner for some time now and still have these questions on my mind.
1st, the "wave". Is it a JEEP thing or is it "Wrangler" thing. I'm thinking only Wrangler drivers wave at each other although I have had a few other models try.
2nd. Whats with JK owner? Are most of them just Yuppies who think the JK's look cool and bought one. I always try to wave to all Wrangler but have only gotten stupid looks (who the heck is waving at me) from the oncoming JK driver.
WAVE TO THEM ALL, maybe they will get the idea and keep the tradition alive!

·
Registered
440 Posts
You should wave at all the jeeps, but don't expect any back from stock jk's, too many non jeepers drive them to expect much of anything. I have never gotten a wave from a jk or any of the other wannabe jeeps libertys, commanders etc.

You should always initate the wave to any cj, yj, because they are older and think they deserve more respect. Some of the xj's with mods wave however but I don't wave at stock ones.

·
Registered
438 Posts
HAHH i love this! i think that all the time. I way to every WRANGLER owner. No offense to another jeeper its just something that i do. Not many JK drivers wave back, im not sure why. Same thing with sport bikes. I have a sport bike and only fellow riders will wave, harley guys will not wave back. Idk. BUT JUST WAVE!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ok, Ive been a Jeep owner for some time now and still have these questions on my mind.
1st, the "wave". Is it a JEEP thing or is it "Wrangler" thing. I'm thinking only Wrangler drivers wave at each other although I have had a few other models try.
2nd. Whats with JK owner? Are most of them just Yuppies who think the JK's look cool and bought one. I always try to wave to all Wrangler but have only gotten stupid looks (who the heck is waving at me) from the oncoming JK driver.
WAVE TO THEM ALL, maybe they will get the idea and keep the tradition alive!
I've seen cherokees do it. but I consider it a Wrangler only thing. CJ, YJ, TJ, and JK.

STOCK JK's, from what i have seen, tend not to do it as much. they are new. give them time?

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's crazy. I've only had a Jeep for about a year now. I get waves and wave to all Jeeps but now I will quit waving to JK owners because they have disrespected you guys and since we are jeep brothers they have disrespected me and no longer will associate with them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
HAHH i love this! i think that all the time. I way to every WRANGLER owner. No offense to another jeeper its just something that i do. Not many JK drivers wave back, im not sure why. Same thing with sport bikes. I have a sport bike and only fellow riders will wave, harley guys will not wave back. Idk. BUT JUST WAVE!!!
I second the Harley thing when im on my GSXR, I get nothing! I did notice that not many of the JK guys wave, but oh well....

·
Registered
288 Posts
I really just wave to wranglers, ill wave to a cherokee if they have a lift and look like they wheel. My girlfriend thinks im an ******* when I miss a wave and they waved at me :laugh:
yea i wave to all wranglers and lifted cherokees, but don't get much response from the JK's. ...and my girlie gets all pissed if i miss a wave too :cheers2:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I spent the past week down at Carolina Beach and there were hundreds upon hundreds of Wranglers and I got maybe 3 waves. 3!!!! I continued to wave but nothing. Saddest part was like 90% of Wranglers were built! Oh well!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I wave to all wranglers, CJ's YJ's TJ's JK's. I wave to modded cherokee's, and mostly any lifted truck/SUV. Most of the modded randoms wave back, they get the drift. I do get super pissed when JK's don't wave. Although there's one guy in my town that is like super psyched when I wave to him, he goes all out with the wave.

My friend who used to be a jeeper tries to start the wave in his new vehicles. He tried it in his Vdub and his civic. Not working. :rofl:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Like many of you, I'll wave to all wranglers (even the ones that have only been to the grocery store). I've also noticed that very few stock models wave back. I ride a cruiser bike but wave to all riders inc gxrs :D.

I guess the wranglers, although more of a "brotherhood" than SUVs in general, still suffer from being bought because the owner wants a look or the feel of being adventurous.

Of course, around here, pickemup trucks are the "real" deal......;).

Being in construction and liking the outdoors, I've got one of each....but only take the pick up to work if I've got to carry stuff, otherwise it's the jeep sittin' outside my job trailer......:cheers2:

Jim

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Ill wave to cj yj tj and jk, and ill give the thumbs up or something to built xj's or zj's. And yeah i dont get any love from most of the jk's either. One thing that REALLY bugs me is the largest jeep dealer in Indiana is here in my town, and they have made it a habit to start selling JK's with mild lifts, so now everyone and their mothers have lifted jeeps. You other guys are lucky though, my girlfriend thinks its absolutely stupid to wave :(

·
Registered
338 Posts
My friend who used to be a jeeper tries to start the wave in his new vehicles. He tried it in his Vdub and his civic. Not working. :rofl:
your arm would fall off if u tryed to wave to all the VWs n civics round here haha

i try to wave to wranglers most dont wave back but im gunna keep wavin its fun

·
Registered
269 Posts
I wave to all CJ YJ TJ and even JK. Most wave around me. Seeing the guys in JKs (one in particular at my school) not treat them like a Jeep gets to me. :) My girlfriend didn't get the wave at first. I had to prove it was real haha.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.