Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of carrying my hard doors up into the loft every spring and then back down in the fall. Plus they clutter the floor even up there.

I knew I did not want to hang them from the window opening, I prefer to hang them as they sit on the jeep.

I priced door hangers online and could not believe what they cost.

I decided to make my own, so I purchasing two pair of cheap lower hinges off Amazon, a few 6" lag bolts from the hardware store, and used a scrap 4x4 I had.

I'll bet you could even use hinges from the hardware store too if you find a set that fit the door pins.

I am sure there are better ways to do this, but this works for me and it was pretty easy to setup.

Hinges:

Close up of 4x4 all setup...

Completed setup:

·
Registered
11,720 Posts
Pretty cool , I'd put a shelf under the doors to take the weight of the pins
Just curious... assuming you're talking about the door pins themselves and not the hinge mounted to the wall... how is there any more stress on them hanging on the wall as opposed to them actually hanging on the Jeep?? :confused:

Very cool idea, tho from the OP.

Reactions: Chrisnvegas

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
Hinges on order.

Great idea, thanks.
I was leaning them on the wall sitting on a towel on the floor. Just a matter of time till someone knocked them over, plus had to move them when I swept the garage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just curious... assuming you're talking about the door pins themselves and not the hinge mounted to the wall... how is there any more stress on them hanging on the wall as opposed to them actually hanging on the Jeep?? :confused:

Very cool idea, tho from the OP.
With the door closed some of the weight is taken off the hinges by the striker plate. At least that's how I'm imagining it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.