Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my friend :)
I need adviceI didn't find all the information,.

What oil and how much oil in the front and rear differential + what oil and how much oil in the Transfer Case. Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 / year 2012 / 3.6L

Thank you very much,

·
My Reality Check Bounced
18,492 Posts
You don't have an Owner's manual?

·
My Reality Check Bounced
18,492 Posts
Not sure where on the forum you read 75W-130 for the diffs. The owners manual is correct, you can use any GL-5 Synthetic Axle Lubricant SAE 75W-85. Its widely available, Vavoline has nice squirt bottles.

The transfer case uses different oil.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure where on the forum you read 75W-130 for the diffs. The owners manual is correct, you can use any GL-5 Synthetic Axle Lubricant SAE 75W-85. Its widely available, Vavoline has nice squirt bottles.

The transfer case uses different oil.
I found now in the car papers of diferencial oil 75w-140. Tomorrow I'm going to the jeep service for all the beeping and locked wheels in the right or left direction of travel, so I'm curious what they will say.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found now in the car papers of diferencial oil 75w-140. Tomorrow I'm going to the jeep service for all the beeping and locked wheels in the right or left direction of travel, so I'm curious what they will say.
chcela som poslat foto z knizky ale neviem sem poslat fotku.

·
My Reality Check Bounced
18,492 Posts
The Jeep 2012 model year service manual says:

Axles use Mopar® Gear and Axle Lubricant 75W-85, you can use equivalent GL-5 full synthetic.

For the base single speed MP2010 transfer case, Use ATF approved to MB 236.10, MB 236.12, such as Shell ATF 3403/M-115, MOPAR® part number 05127382AA, Fuchs/Shell ATF 3353, or equivalent.

For the optional Select-Trac (two speed) MP3023 transfer case use Mopar® ATF+4, Automatic Transmission Fluid, you can use any ATF+4 rated fluid.

Attachments

Reactions: bryanintowson

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Jeep 2012 model year service manual says:

Axles use Mopar® Gear and Axle Lubricant 75W-85, you can use equivalent GL-5 full synthetic.

For the base single speed MP2010 transfer case, Use ATF approved to MB 236.10, MB 236.12, such as Shell ATF 3403/M-115, MOPAR® part number 05127382AA, Fuchs/Shell ATF 3353, or equivalent.

For the optional Select-Trac (two speed) MP3023 transfer case use Mopar® ATF+4, Automatic Transmission Fluid, you can use any ATF+4 rated fluid.
Thank you very much, the car stayed in the service so I have no information yet about the beeping and locking of the wheels when driving left or right.
When I have a statement from the jeep service, I'll write here and maybe it will help someone.
can I send pictures or photos? I'd like to send you a photo of a document from a jeep.

r I can send you the VIN of my car and I would like you to know the information regarding the extended warranty?
they didn't tell me anything at the jeep service :(

·
My Reality Check Bounced
18,492 Posts
I moved your post(s) on this topic to a new thread that may get broader exposure.

Each country/area has a different Jeep support organization and they seem to act like different companies. I'm not familiar with the one that covers Slovakia and dunno about warranties there.

Sounds like your transfer case failed and may need replaced.

You should be able to post photos here, attach it to a post. That way all the members get to join in and help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I moved your post(s) on this topic to a new thread that may get broader exposure.

Each country/area has a different Jeep support organization and they seem to act like different companies. I'm not familiar with the one that covers Slovakia and dunno about warranties there.

Sounds like your transfer case failed and may need replaced.

You should be able to post photos here, attach it to a post. That way all the members get to join in and help.
I hope the problem will only be the transmission control module or Transfer Case Shift Motor and not the transfer case

1 - 11 of 11 Posts