·
Registered
774 Posts
:drool: Sub'd

·
Tarpitz
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #404 ·
Thanks guys. Well, not getting any hits on selling it, and it is taking up needed space, and I am upset about it being so neglected. I just don't have the time or money to take it out, nor really the help. So....seriously considering parting it out, really sad to think about but not sure what else to do, I can't wait around forever for it to sell. That being said, I would seriously consider trades, plus cash, down payment, monthly payments, whatever it takes for it to be taken out and enjoyed.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey man, I know it's been a long time but do you have any more pics and/or specs of your old white XJ?
Just from the pics you posted it looks just like what I plan on doing with my new Jeep, even the same color.

Awesome build btw. I went through it last year and again over the last 2 days.

Thanks.

·
Tarpitz
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 ·
Having ridden shotgun in a JS many times looks like a fun ride! Already was talking with a friend that if he was still here locally we'd go halves and pick this thing up. Good luck with the sale, it's a heck of a deal!
Thanks! I have the complete stripped chassis ready to go, still has the suspension, motor/trans/shifter installed, could sell it in different states if you are interested, might even be able to deliver it:), will sell for CHEAP!

Hey man, I know it's been a long time but do you have any more pics and/or specs of your old white XJ?
Just from the pics you posted it looks just like what I plan on doing with my new Jeep, even the same color.

Awesome build btw. I went through it last year and again over the last 2 days.

Thanks.
Thanks, I will get some for you. Specs, full traction long arms, skyjacker 8" coil springs, deaver rear race pack, XJ dana 44 rear with full detroit, 4.88 gears, front rubicon dana 44 with detroit tru trac, and 4.88 gears. Custom front and rear tube bumpers with a rear tire swing. And had some 2.5"x10" travel KING remote reservoir shocks in the front. I will track down some pics for you.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'd love to pick it up but the last thing I need is another project! The friend of mine that I had talked with in the past about going halves on something like a JS or 7S or even a 1600 if we could afford it got stationed on the east coast so it's just not possible. Not to mention between the two vehicles pictured below that I already have as toys, the last thing I need is a 3rd toy as partial owner! LOL

And something more along the lines of your jeep... This was about 3 weeks ago!

And as of this past weekend... I'm in the process of 3 linking the rear end! LOL, like I said, projects! UGH!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
The D30

hydraulic bumps

and SAW shocks

Where did you get your 9"? Did you have the extra work done to it or what truck was it out of?

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Funny how times have changed since i posted. I said I didn't want to pickup another project just a little above yet I've got a truck in my garage right now that it fully under the knife being built to race!

·
Tarpitz
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #417 ·
Sometimes life get's in the way of our dreams. Feeding and clothing my kids was much more important than racing. I am building a 4-seat race legal truck right now, but alas, it isn't a jeep. Blashpemy, I know. Sorry to disappoint, I wasn't thrilled to do it, but it was the only option.:cheers2:

·
Tarpitz
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #419 ·
Get a mod to change your build thread name and start posting!
This has a lot of good technical info for plating and reinforcing XJs I think, but I will link it up when I get one going. I have been collecting lots of parts and not much to show yet. Thanks:).

401 - 420 of 427 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.