Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 427 Posts

·
Tarpitz
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RussoGuitar said:
Thats pretty intense, you should post this in the XJ section as well. It will probably get a lot of appreciation there.
Thanks, intense is right, had about 4-5 guys constantly helping me when it was tear down/thrash/frenzy time but now that it is the time consuming fab stuff and prep, I am a one-man builder, had to learn lots of tricks to do the three and four handed heavy jobs, with only 1 free hand. I will post in the XJ forum when I am able to post pics,

·
Tarpitz
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jeff in PA said:
click free

Nice build up :thumbsup:
Hey there, thanks a ton!! if you pm me your address I'll send you some stickers for free, have tons of Rubicon Express, King Shocks, Mickey Thompson, Dick Cepek, Flowmaster, Petersons 4x4 mag, Currie enterprises, and tons more Dez racing style stickers.
Chris

·
Registered
521 Posts
skullver said:
after a little massaging got the new front end in and it rolls again, next we are going to tackle the seats and harnesses.

Click free. great build:2thumbsup:

·
Tarpitz
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sorry guys, thanks for bearing with me:

Well this part has been "bugging" me for a while and I finally dove in head first, we originally had the cage built long ago when we had no idea what suspension we would end up with so the original tie-ins had to be relocated slightly, sleeved with 2"/.120 DOM:

seat mounting, psnger/driver shell starting:
\
a little extra gusseting, had to plasma a bunch of access panels to relocate the xmember as it used to be a 2.5L and they did not line up with the tranny:

still going to add more triangulation possibly, and some strategic plating, I am starting to think I may be overbuilding this thing, may be really heavy but we'll see I guess:

·
Registered
460 Posts
sorry guys, thanks for bearing with me:

Well this part has been "bugging" me for a while and I finally dove in head first, we originally had the cage built long ago when we had no idea what suspension we would end up with so the original tie-ins had to be relocated slightly, sleeved with 2"/.120 DOM:

seat mounting, psnger/driver shell starting:

a little extra gusseting, had to plasma a bunch of access panels to relocate the xmember as it used to be a 2.5L and they did not line up with the tranny:

still going to add more triangulation possibly, and some strategic plating, I am starting to think I may be overbuilding this thing, may be really heavy but we'll see I guess:
clickity click - great build up man and i dont believe you can OVER build a rig haha

1 - 20 of 427 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.