Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Dash Lights Just Quit.

484 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Boojo35
One day Drove Eleanor to a meeting. Everthing worked. about and hour or so later i come back out and my dash lights are dead Along with my running lights..

Left it for a few days hit some bumps thinking it was just a lose connector and nothing

Today i started to trouble shoot.

1. Checked all fuses. 20A in cab was blown. (Cool!) Replaced. It blew again.
2. Pulled all bulbs. for running lights (blows again)
3. Pulled connector running to rear set up ( Blows again. )
4. Removed Reheo and tested with it removed ( Blows again )
5. :crying2::crying2::crying2:

Any ideas? I dont see any damanaged wires or anything i pullled the radio and and have most of the dash pulled out and im at a loss..

Thanks Guys!

EDIT:
Brake Reverse and turns all work
FIXED!
So after some thinking
About 2 years a go i had a rust spot on my fender.
I was out of town for a few weeks and my dad the nice guy he is decided he was gonna spray the fender. (used to paint cars for a living)
Fast Forward. He had pinched the harness goin to the side marker under the Spring load hold down...
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· I pledge allegiance
4,447 Posts
Great first post! Dude comes up with a problem, puts some effort into it rather than just saying help me, finds the issue then follows up with resolution. Well done and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great first post! Dude comes up with a problem, puts some effort into it rather than just saying help me, finds the issue then follows up with resolution. Well done and welcome to the forum.
Thanks man "Long time listener 1st time caller"
The fourm has helped me out a bunch so I figured I'd ask and I would receive. I'm a very technical person but this had me stumped lol. Least I could do was give back and maybe help someone eles out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.