Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a 2004 jeep grand Cherokee and was wondering if i get a limited could i add on in the future the trim of a Laredo or is the exterior of the Laredo unique to its build?

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Getting a 2004 jeep grand Cherokee and was wondering if i get a limited could i add on in the future the trim of a Laredo or is the exterior of the Laredo unique to its build?
You can swap trim and cladding back and forth from any WJ to any WJ. That's our 99-04 models.

·
Registered
324 Posts
yes. On my laredo i got limited cladding but still have the laredo bumpers. Only because my jeep is a 99 only color and limiteds are impossible to find. But i painted the bumpers and the bushwackers so they match

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,641 Posts
^ Das Badass!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you use a special process to paint the fender flares??? Is the paint sticking and is it starting to peel off???

yes. On my laredo i got limited cladding but still have the laredo bumpers. Only because my jeep is a 99 only color and limiteds are impossible to find. But i painted the bumpers and the bushwackers so they match

·
Registered
324 Posts
Did you use a special process to paint the fender flares??? Is the paint sticking and is it starting to peel off???
It was all the same process i used to do the bumpers. Sand em down, use mineral spirits to clean them, a coat of adhesion promoter, 3 coats of self etching primer, 4 coats of black krylon enamel. Down the road i plan on sanding them smooth and making them the same color as the jeep. The only reason why i havent done that yet is because i have a super rare 1 year only color and its impossible to match Lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts